Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New shopping mall opening in Lakewood??
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:24 pm
I just heard that there is a huge shopping mall possibly opening by Avenue of Estates/Pine Street Area. Did anyone hear about this?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:26 pm
It's supposedly being opened by frum people but will have regular mall stores in it. First of all, the traffic will be insane. I live right near that area. I think I have to move.....

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:41 pm
I would also move. besides the traffic I don't want my kids having such easy access to going to a non jewish mall on their own. there's supposed to be a movie theatre there too.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:41 pm
Pine river village pple are fighting it. Its a little crazy. Will have 877 parking spots. That gives an idea of how large it will be.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:56 pm
Omg seriously?! Just what the overly congested Pine Street needs... Rolling Eyes

When will our elected officials start making decisions that are actually in our town's best interest?!?

sky

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:09 am
That would be crazy! the stop sign on Pine is already backed up across rt 9 some times of the dat.

APP has this:

A bank and hotel. Just south of the stadium parking lot, at New Hampshire and Pine Street, work is underway to construct a 3,153-square-foot bank and a five-story, 138-room Marriott Courtyard hotel.

A corporate headquarters. Adjacent to the hotel/bank site, on the Boulevard of the Americas, LTC Consulting Services, a medical billing and skilled nursing facility management company, is building a two-story, 52,000-square foot office building that will serve as its new headquarters.

A new shopping center and four-story office building. The Avenue Shoppes, to be located at New Hampshire and America avenues, near the township’s public works complex, will include five retail buildings and a freestanding restaurant. Construction of the shopping center hasn’t begun yet, but work is well underway on a new four-story office building just north of the site.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:21 am
And it will have a theatre

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:47 am
Oy Hashem yiracheim

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:50 am
Yes, it's happening.
There's also apartment buildings or townhouses being built right nearby for kollel couples.
I'm sure they will turn the blinking yellow light into a regular lightly, don't worry!

rae

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:26 am
At what point does traffic become a legal problem that people have a right to demand change?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:17 pm
Doesn't BMG own this land? And they are developing a strip mall and movie theater on it?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:21 pm
The mall is being built by frum people. That's what is pretty sad about the whole thing. It all comes down to money and profit and that's the only thing some people care about.

Atleast it will probably take a while before everything is up and running but the construction itself will probably cause a lot of traffic and noise polution. Can't wait!! At wits end

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:24 pm
Wow. It's going to be a nightmare driving there. Lakewood is so not built to accommodate all this.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 12:55 pm
I was wondering why there were plans to put a light at the bottom of the Avenue of the States - it needs it, but there are so many new lights on Cedar Bridge already - I guess its to accommodate all the new building.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:51 pm
This is a video posted by a woman opposed to the mall. If she posts here I'd like to hear a bit more about why she is opposed, not just a rant sprinkled with Yiddish, but well thought out reasoning.
Link removed

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:03 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
This is a video posted by a woman opposed to the mall. If she posts here I'd like to hear a bit more about why she is opposed, not just a rant sprinkled with Yiddish, but well thought out reasoning. 0

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

It looked like a comedy routine incorporating every stereotype of Lakewood!

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

It looked like a comedy routine incorporating every stereotype of Lakewood!

At first I was fearful it was a relative, but my family is all consumers all of the time. They would never say no to another shopping option, esp. if it is a big box store.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:12 pm
I actually thought the lady was a class act.

She is opposed to the building of a shopping mall in Lakewood, by Jews. She feels that the original people who founded the frum community in Lakewood, did not found it for this purpose. She feels that it would ruin the spiritual quality of Lakewood.

To be honest, I think that spiritual quality she speaks of has been much diluted already....but good for her, the way she stood up for what she believes in.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:13 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
At first I was fearful it was a relative, but my family is all consumers all of the time. They would never say no to another shopping option, esp. if it is a big box store.

I was sure it was my grandmother or aunt, lol.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:42 pm
From what I could gather she moved from Bklyn. Lakewood isn't going to go back in time just to please this woman. It is no longer the sleepy resort town on the way to the shore. The population has money to spend and spend they will. And frankly as much as many want to make it a monoculture there are people other than Jews living there. Box stores will make their money, and perhaps this means the end to some small businesses that cannot compete with them. That is capitalism at work.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating