Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
What to sell from home?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:41 pm
After 25 years of working (2 different offices) I have decided that I want to stay home with my kids, care for the house, family, shop, bake etc. ..However, I still need some sort of income. It doesn't steady or very high ...but something.

I cannot work for anyone at this point. I need my independence and freedom.

I think the best thing for me would be to sell something from my home. Perhaps if sales are going well, I can consider selling online too ...but I am going ahead of myself.

The question is ...what to sell??? What would be profitable? An item that people need to buy and would prefer to go to a private person...

I'm sure that many of you have wondered about this at some point. Would you please throw out some ideas to help me?? What can I sell from my home that would be worth it?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:43 pm
Well, what have you found yourself wishing someone in the neighborhood was selling out of their house? What is there a need for?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:43 pm
What skills do you have?

Which office work did you do for 25 years.

If you tell us what you know about or what you do we can try to help you better.

At least I think I can help you out better like that.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:50 pm
I've been in direct sales with skin care and color cosmetics for 16+ years now. I've done a couple of other things too but that's been the most profitable.

I have a friend who is one of the top in the nation with Pampered Chef--- she makes a GREAT income doing cooking shows in the evenings. I prefer not to work evenings since I have kids and my husband goes to daf, so I sell mostly online these days but in the past I did more skin care classes, etc.

I have a friend selling tichels but because she's not part of an overarching organization there's the problem of remitting sales tax and schedule C (no support for tax time for those not in the know, etc)--- I prefer direct sales through an umbrella company for the training, support, and no sales tax headache (I prepay it when I get inventory and collect it back from my clients).

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers