Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Are my kids born overseas automatically Israeli Citizens??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 8:46 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Why go so far?

In the US a Jewish child is far more likely to marry a non-Jew, regardless of his or her upbringing.

I think the reason that so many of us find OP and other posters on this thread so offensive is not that they have another opinion than we do - I am sure we all have very different opinions on various things and we can deal with that. The thing is that this is pure hotzaat dibat haaretz raa for Eretz Yisrael, what we learned from the meraglim. This is libel about Eretz Yisrael, not one person's misguided political opinion. And there is a lack of hacart hatov on the fact that all of us, every single poster on this site, have the state of Israel to thank for the fact that fact that we are free to live, free to practice our religion, free to voice our opinion. Many things that Jews could not do in the past, and even the Jews who did live in relative freedom had absolutely no guarantee that things could change in a second.
Israel is not just a country that has this or that policy regarding citizens, expats, or immigration - I do believe you would lose in a factual debate on that too, but that would not be so offensive or so emotionally charged - Israel considers itself a safe haven for all Jews and it has given the gift of citizenship to Jews - if you don't want the gift, no one will force you to accept it - but don't bad mouth it. No one is forcing you to come to visit Israel or to send your children to learn in here. But if you do - there is no reason you shouldn't be thankful for the opportunity and follow whatever arbitrary law Israel has - just like any other country in the world.

Kindly open your own topic if you want to discuss politics.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
Slightly off topic, but you got me really worried. I have dual US/Canadian citizenship (born in Canada but one parent is American and I grew up and live in the US). I had a Canadian passport as a kid but I let that lapse and now only have an American passport. I'm planning a trip back to Canada soon to visit relatives and had not heard about these new regulations. I looked it up and luckily for me the one exemption is if you're traveling on a US passport.

My husband also has US and CAnadian citizenship. He was born in Canada and always passes with his US passport.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 8:53 am
treestump wrote:
Wow that is so incredibly racist. Have you no appreciation for human life? I care when people get killed whether they are Jews or not, don't include me in your racist "we".

You care equally as much?
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions