Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Gan Hours

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:31 am
My 2 1/2 year old is in a small in someone's house in Israel. The hours are technically 8-1, but she says you can come anytime before 9. She said once that 9:30 is the latest she could realy take them, and she prefers we really try to get there by 9. She says they have free play until 10, and she finds the kids have trouble with the routine that begins then if they don't have a chance to just play. I work from home and sometimes if he's sleeping in, I'd rather just let him sleep. So I just don't take him that day. But it's annoying that I can't take him from 10-1 or whatever. I'm just curious if this is "the norm" either in the US or Israel. I like that she cares about what's good for the kids, and I know it would be hard for all of them to come at all hours, but it is annoying.

fiji

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:38 am
My babysitter is similar (we live in Israel and she is very Israeli) she likes him there before 930 and if I don't bring him around them she says not to bring him until at least 11 because other kids are sleeping

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:42 am
Completely normal and I think completely fair too. Even if it is a babysitter, these kids are not babies and so a routine is a good thing. At least I think so.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:10 am
Why don't you bring him before his nap?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:34 am
Thanks for the replies, that actually makes me feel much better. It's not a nap. He was up at 5 but not officially, and by the time he got back to sleep, he slept until after 9. I just felt bad that he had to miss gan- he loves it! I'm glad it's at lest somewhat of a normal policy- I'd never heard of it. What do you do if your child has a doctor's appointment or something then? Just not bring them that day? Or in a special circumstance like that would it be okay to call first and come?

cm

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 5:52 am
A doctor's appointment would be a special circumstance.

Having arrival-and-play time for a while followed by a set routine is typical for this age group.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:51 pm
that really sounds odd. I've been in israel for many years and never heard that. which area are you located? is the women israeli?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:40 pm
I understand why teachers prefer the kids to come on time, and having taught myself it really was rough on the kids who arrived at the very end of free play daily, but to say that the kid outright can't come if it's past a certain time? that doesn't sit right at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers