Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for info on Las Vegas community

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:12 pm
Who here lives in Las Vegas? I am looking for general info on the community, we are specifically looking into the Henderson area. Basically we live in NY, have 3 kids and are looking for a nice community, out of town, good schools, low cost of living, ideally mild weather (not freezing cold half the year), a warm caring community, affordable housing and good economy is a plus. Las Vegas seems to fit a lot of whats on our list, can anyone tell me more? Thanks.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:59 pm
I just posted something but it didn't go through. It sounds like Vegas may be a good fit for you. Although be aware 1. It gets very hot in the summer 2. The economy isn't great there so job searching may be challenging, depending on what you do.
Good luck!

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:23 pm
I don't live in Vegas but remember...it's not freezing half the year, it's BOILING for 1/3 of it.

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:28 pm
I'm totally fine with hot even boiling weather for most or part of the year. My husband and I absolutely hate as in HATE the cold weather during the winter. I don't love when its crazy boiling hot but I don't mind it nearly as much as I mind when its frigid weather which we deal with half the year. I want to live somewhere where my kids can run around outside for most of the year. Almost anywhere there's gonna be extreme weather at some point. I'll take extreme heat over cold any day. From the ppl I've spoken to about the weather, I don't feel it would a problem for me in that sense.

self-actualization

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:30 pm
I love the Henderson community. I do not live there but I have visited twice. It has great, big, beautiful, airy houses (although the prices have gone up to the 400's lately), a great shul, a great elementary school, and a very nice group of people.

However, it doesn't have a high school yet. Also, there aren't big corporate office jobs there like there are in NY. I did notice that many of the women work for the board of ed, so apparently that is a job supplier. I would say to make sure that you have a job before you go there. The Jewish community has a great, "can-do" feel to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating