Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Lawyer for tenant in Nassau county

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:30 pm
We want to break our lease and believe we have grounds to do so. I want to do this as quickly and painlessly as possible. Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Nassau county who can help? (can be someone in the city as long as they are familiar with Long Island).

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:37 pm
amother wrote:
We want to break our lease and believe we have grounds to do so. I want to do this as quickly and painlessly as possible. Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Nassau county who can help? (can be someone in the city as long as they are familiar with Long Island).

Just wondering if it's necessary to lawyer up. What if you just tell the landlord that you feel you have grounds to break the lease and will be leaving on a certain date. It's not that hard ro get a new tenant in place and it probably isn't worth the landlords effort to spend money and get a lawyer to stop you. Would you consider this route?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:58 pm
I am concerned the landlord might give me a hard time. He's difficult to deal with. I want to make sure I have backup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries