Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Good Desserts for 2-4 people

shoy18

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 11:19 pm
does anyone have a good recipe for dessert for just a few people. I never make dessert because I always have so much leftover, any help would be appreciated

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Jan 20 2006, 4:15 am
Saute 2 apples, 2 pears and about half a cup of cranberries with a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Place in a dish and top with a crumble mixture. place in the oven til brown.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 20 2006, 3:57 pm
You could buy Tofutti - that's not a lot to have in the house - and spoon it into dessert dishes, with cookies or other topping.

You can make chocolate mousse - half a recipe....

queen

Post Sat, Jan 21 2006, 8:01 pm
jello with canned fruit inside.

place mandarine orange slices, peaches, apricot, pineapple etc. (all from cans) inside dessert bowls. make jello according to box directions and pour over fruit. let cool/set in the fridge.

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 2:44 pm
hey, what's wrong w/ leftover dessert?

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 1:55 pm
lol 613!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 8:41 pm
Im bumping thsi up bc I have the same problem

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 8:51 pm
you could make mini chocolate moose pies and freeze whatever you do not need for another time ... and yeah ... no such thing as too much dessert Mr. Green

lamplighter

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:00 pm
I dont really eat dessert, though I like to make a treat 4 DH for shabbos, or a special occasion. It's kind of ridiculous when it last the whole week...
and it's nto good health wise, a once in a while treat is ok but this habit is getting bad.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:04 pm
cut bananas into thirds, roll in honey or melted chocolate, top in sprinkles, granola or nuts. then freeze them. easy.

Milk Munch

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:06 pm
Here's what I call "diet apple pie a la mode":
Make some stewed apples, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. (diet because there is no crust and stewed apples are fat free!). Its nice if you serve that with some biscotti or honey cookies on the side.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:10 pm
I like to make brownies. My favorite easy recipe is Andrew's Brownies, on Epicurious.com. What I do is serve a plate of them, and freeze the rest for future guests. Or I wrap them up and give them to a neighbor or friend. Who doesn't love getting a nice plate of brownies?

Or (and this is the likeliest scenario) I eat them and then get really angry at myself for cheating on Weight Watchers.

Which is why the giving to neighbor thing usually works best.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:25 pm
pareve cheesecake freezes well. cut each person a slice, then back into the freezer it goes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics