Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me sleep train my eleven month old!

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:30 am
My baby does not sleep. Period. She went through a stage where she was sleeping through the night for the cost part, sometimes waking up and I would just stick her paci in her mouth and she would go right back down. A good night was from 7-4ish, where she would wake up to nurse and would be in my bed, fall back asleep until 7. I was fine with that. But then a few months later she started waking up all the time and would basically nurse all night and neither of us slept. I was basically ready to stop nursing anyway so I did so, thinking that this would solve the problem. This was a month ago. Baby went through a week of good sleep and bottles. And then all of a sudden she is not sleeping again! She wakes up and wants to play! The babysitter has told me numerous times that she takes csrnaps during the 6 hours she is there- 20 min in the morning, up to 45 min in the afternoon. At home, I am putting her down between 6 and 7, depending on how she slept at the babysitter, making sure she has a good meal before then, and then I need to rock her or she wont fall asleep.

We have spoiled her and we have gotten ourselves into a rut and I need help getting out of it. Please help me figure out how to train her!

She is currently in my room in a pack n play and the only other option we have is move her in a different room with other kids. Exclamation

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:02 am
I would have suggested mark Weissbluth's healthy sleep habits, but I don't think it would work in your room or in a room with other kids.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 2:31 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I would have suggested mark Weissbluth's healthy sleep habits, but I don't think it would work in your room or in a room with other kids.

my baby is in our room and we used Weissbluth's book. though we did it when he was like 5 or 6 months old so maybe that was easier?

to the original poster- what are you doing when she's waking in the middle of the night now?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:33 am
amother wrote:
my baby is in our room and we used Weissbluth's book. though we did it when he was like 5 or 6 months old so maybe that was easier?

to the original poster- what are you doing when she's waking in the middle of the night now?

She's been coming into our bed to sleep with us bc we have been so sleep deprived that we just coukdnt manage otherwise. Bad idea I know.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 5:16 am
amother wrote:
She's been coming into our bed to sleep with us bc we have been so sleep deprived that we just coukdnt manage otherwise. Bad idea I know.

I suggest Weissbluth's book still. Though I did read it when my baby was quite younger then yours. Don't bring her into bed with you. Let her CIO. Just keep telling her it's time to go back to sleep. Leave the bedroom until she falls back asleep if you have to (I did that a couple of times when my son wouldn't fall back asleep while I was in there). Try asking your pediatrician for advice at your next appointment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics