Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nosering
1  2  Next

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:09 am
I think it so beautiful to have one! Am I crazy? And I want one! A tiny small diamond stud. My husband wouldn't mind. But I know I know-- although Rivka imeinu may have worn one, times are different.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:51 am
Times definitely have changed. Is it done in your community? If so, and you and DH want it, go for it. If not, will it bother you being different, and what people may think/say about you?

nywife

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:32 pm
I have one and love it, but you have to know yourself and what community you're a part of.

babula

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:59 pm
I love mine but it really bothers some family members.

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:19 pm
I don't really want one but do think that a tiny diamond stud is cool.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:26 pm
Last Tuesday I made an apt. to get my nose pierced on 1/12. Just a simple ring.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:37 pm
I don't like it. It looks like a pimple.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:39 pm
I think it can look nice. But I would think it would be uncomfortable? If you caught a cold or had allergies?

MrsDash

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 9:50 pm
I've had mine in for 12 years so far and I've never found it to be uncomfortable or irritating. In fact, it's pretty much the only piece of jewelry I generally wear. Mine is a small gem stud and I really like my nose ring and I've been wearing it for so long that I feel naked without it.

This isn't a tattoo or something permanent, so if you don't end up liking it for any reason, you can take it out and the hole will close up fairly quick. (Or at least become undetectable.)

champion

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 2:17 am
I would LUV to get one. If I ever end up living in a different community it will be the first thing I'll do.
Currently I live and work in a society that would shun it.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:15 am
MagentaYenta wrote:

And you're not worried about your children's and grandchildren's shidduchim? What kind of a mother are you?!
Wink

Seriously, OP, as much as you might not want to do this, and might never have done this till now, you will have to think about social ramifications, even if not the one I mentioned.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:21 am
I like how a tiny nose stud looks as well as a second ear piercing. I wouldn't get one though. But I'll appreciate it in someone else.
I just can't help imagining the gunk inside the nose- how do you deal with that?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:04 am
MagentaYenta wrote:

I'll be nosy (pun intended), if you don't mind. A stud on the nostril? Ring on the nostril? Ring on the septum?

I like studs on the nostril, but don't think it would go over well for a woman of a certain age in a professional setting.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 6:54 am
Jewelry down to the nose (like this but longer) is what acording to sources the Imaot wore.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:09 am
PinkFridge wrote:
And you're not worried about your children's and grandchildren's shidduchim? What kind of a mother are you?!
Wink

Seriously, OP, as much as you might not want to do this, and might never have done this till now, you will have to think about social ramifications, even if not the one I mentioned.

Agree and not only that it looks disgusting even if our imahos wear it, so maybe she should also put on a hijab like the moslem women because thats what Tivka Imainu wore? I mean come on like are you guys for real? Such immaturity.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:12 am
Ruchel wrote:
Jewelry down to the nose (like this but longer) is what acording to sources the Imaot wore.

According to my knowledge that is a Pakistani / Indian sign that a women is married with the dot on top and this is a tiara not a nose ring. But it is an interesting fact.

5mom

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 8:33 am
The picture is labeled. That's a Jewish woman in Morocco. She's wearing a kind of headgear that dangles over the forehead and above the nose.

I don't know Ruchel's sources. At least in Mishlei, it's clear that a nezem is a ring in the nose.

Also, a Bindi dot worn by Hindu women doesn't necessarily mean that she's married. As far as I know, red ones are for married women, but unmarried women wear dots, and sometimes men do too.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
Agree and not only that it looks disgusting even if our imahos wear it, so maybe she should also put on a hijab like the moslem women because thats what Tivka Imainu wore? I mean come on like are you guys for real? Such immaturity.

That's a bit harsh. I think if worn right, it looks beautiful and feminine.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 12:13 pm
5mom wrote:
The picture is labeled. That's a Jewish woman in Morocco. She's wearing a kind of headgear that dangles over the forehead and above the nose.

I don't know Ruchel's sources. At least in Mishlei, it's clear that a nezem is a ring in the nose.

Also, a Bindi dot worn by Hindu women doesn't necessarily mean that she's married. As far as I know, red ones are for married women, but unmarried women wear dots, and sometimes men do too.

Point of information.
There is a great deal of variance on who wears what kind of bindis. Some shapes and colors are for different segulas. Bindis can be worn by both children and adults.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 6:05 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Wink

Well it's done and I got a simple stud until it heals then I'll go to a silver ring.

There aren't any social ramifications I can think of. I'm going on 66 and live in the PNW. I'm not the only yenta in my community that has magenta hair or a pierced nose. (Actually my hair is currently magenta, hot pink and a purple right now.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics