Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Medical bills

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 4:04 pm
Does anyone know if there r ppl that help with medical bills? I had a procedure done that my insurance didn't cover and I am getting so many bills TIA

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 4:08 pm
Bikur cholim-718-438-2020

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 7:33 pm
Thanks, I don't want them to pay it for me I just need guidance how to pay it, r they overcharging me? R they double charging me etc, I wondered if there was a place that does it as a service.

smileyfaces

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:20 pm
Call insurance and find out why it's not covered. Possible that it wasn't coded properly.
Also ask the dr if you can get a discount, payment plan and possibly apply for financial aid.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 8:39 pm
if you live in New Jersey, you can file for Catastrophic.
http://www.lsnjlaw.org/Health-.....MrLIU

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:03 pm
Thanks for ur replies I live in ny and I knew going in that I would have to pay but didn't realize that it was cost so much with so many different places billing me and I think perhaps I am being taken advantage of

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 10:32 pm
Call your insurance company. Ask them to send you the complete statement- who is billing you for what. I got a bill once that had a doctor billing me for something they never did... So I called the insurance company, they looked ion it and they took it off the Bill.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:02 pm
After all you read above. If you still clarify that you must pay, you can ask if they have an application for financial assistance. Most places have and the wages per famyly per children gives us frum ydden a great break because we have a lot of kids. Even if not then they can divide in a lot of installments. Anyone has more ideas? If you didn't pass your 75 years yet, I advise you not to let go to collection. If it goes to collection: Find out how to dispute within 30 day and keep sending disputes as they get mailed. Sometimes they sell the acount to another collection agency and the game begins again so dispute again. Even after maili g dispute if you decide to pay do not pay to collection agencies. You have nowadays a right to pay to the hospital /lab directly even if they already sent to a collection agency. I someone disagres please post your view. Ill be happy to learn. Contact bikur cholim yes this is what they are here for. They may pay half but its a huge help. They may send you to a different org I think it pays to go and do what you have to. You didn't spend on dresses.one day ym yrtze hashem you may be rich and then you me be the one supporting bikur cholim.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 11:03 pm
After all you read above. If you still clarify that you must pay, you can ask if they have an application for financial assistance. Most places have and the wages per famyly per children gives us frum ydden a great break because we have a lot of kids. Even if not then they can divide in a lot of installments. Anyone has more ideas? If you didn't pass your 75 years yet, I advise you not to let go to collection. If it goes to collection: Find out how to dispute within 30 day and keep sending disputes as they get mailed. Sometimes they sell the acount to another collection agency and the game begins again so dispute again. Even after maili g dispute if you decide to pay do not pay to collection agencies. You have nowadays a right to pay to the hospital /lab directly even if they already sent to a collection agency. I someone disagres please post your view. Ill be happy to learn. Contact bikur cholim yes this is what they are here for. They may pay half but its a huge help. They may send you to a different org I think it pays to go and do what you have to. You didn't spend on dresses.one day ym yrtze hashem you may be rich and then you me be the one supporting bikur cholim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics