Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Things your toddler says
1  2  Next

sheifelah

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 7:30 pm
So, what has your toddler said that made you laugh or feel embarrassed by?

My daughter just said this when I asked my husband if he minded if I take a shower.
"Mommy can't take a shower because it's not Friday" embarrassed LOL Rolling Laughter

Last edited by sheifelah on Mon, Jan 09 2017, 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 7:34 pm
"Mommies don't bake challah. Bakery stores bake challah!" (that's what he told his morah when she read a book about a mommy baking challah for shabbos.) embarrassed

This mommy does not bake challah, it's true. I have a black thumb when it comes to yeast, and no time. It still came out very funny!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 7:37 pm
My name is Chani. She sings " dip the apple in the Chani"

sheifelah

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:54 pm
Hahaha debsey, that's really cute! I rarely bake challah. It just takes me so long to get it done. I think I want to try again soon, though.

Floral white amother, that's funny.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
My name is Chani. She sings " dip the apple in the Chani"
lol! My son says leshana tova and a sukkah, have a happy sweet new year

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:06 pm
My son dose not talk much yet but today he helped me unload the delivery.
First he took out some fruit and pointed to the fridge so I would open it for him and he put it in. Then he took out some snacks, and put it in the closet. After he pulled the newspaper out of the delivery. He stared at it for a little and appeared deep in thought, then he ran to the bathroom and placed it on the floor right in front of the toilet embarrassed

gibberish

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:36 pm
sheifelah wrote:
My daughter just said this when I asked my husband if he minded if I take a shower.
"Mommy can't take a shower because it's not Friday" embarrassed LOL Rolling Laughter
yup, in a toddler's mind if they don't see it then it doesn't happen. One late night as I was putting my toddler to bed, I told him that I will go to sleep soon too. He answered "so silly, mommies don't sleep!"

runninglate

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
First he took out some fruit and pointed to the fridge so I would open it for him and he put it in. Then he took out some snacks, and put it in the closet. After he pulled the newspaper out of the delivery. He stared at it for a little and appeared deep in thought, then he ran to the bathroom and placed it on the floor right in front of the toilet embarrassed
That's hysterical!

Volunteer

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:47 pm
DS almost 2 : "Daddy exercise, strong like tiger! "

debsey

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:06 pm
gibberish wrote:
yup, in a toddler's mind if they don't see it then it doesn't happen. One late night as I was putting my toddler to bed, I told him that I will go to sleep soon too. He answered "so silly, mommies don't sleep!"

Unfortunately, he's way too close to the truth there.......

debsey

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:

I call that being an "observant Jew." It's like when my oldest was little, and she saw me put on my sheitel one evening and she immediately said "No, Mommy, no babysitter. Stay home." She knew sheitel = Mommy is leaving.

gamanit

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:37 pm
My father once gave us a ride home. As we were getting out of the car I said "thank you, Totty". My daughter said "Thank you Zeidy" a minute later she added "thank you so much". She's a few months shy of three years.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:41 pm
My mother is a morah she has some cute ones: (3-4 yr olds)

Morah if you dont give me a drink now I will be thirsty, and I could die.

Morah Im gonna going swimming with my zucchini.(2 piece bathing suit)

Morah: Moshe Rabeinu had a speech problem
My mom student: Why didnt he go to speech?

My cousin always used to say the letter F instead of P so we had fun with words like pretty, party and stuff like that.

All of your stories are gr8 keep em coming!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 3:07 am
That daddy in hashem.
My daddy is daddy pig!

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 6:12 am
(amother so family members don't guess my sn)

me: DS, time to brush your teeth.
DS (3 years old): I don't brush my teeth on Tuesdays.
me: Today is Monday.
DS: I don't brush my teeth on Mondays either!

~~

me: DS, come eat more supper.
DS: I ate enough already, I ate so many bites

~~

My father was visiting for shabbos, and he gives all his kids/grandkids a bracha when he comes home from shul Friday night.

my father: Ok, come here so I can give you a bracha
DS: But I already learned brachos in gan!

~~

DH was reviewing parsha questions with 6 yo DS.
DH: So what did Esav do then?
6 yo: *gives answer*
3 yo: Esav didn't do that in my Parsha

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:35 am
me: what did Eisav have all over?
DD: Frizz

(as in he was hairy all over)

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:45 am
When my kids were little they went to a chabad run preschool where not everyone was chabad and everyone brought their own snacks and lunches and were trained well not to share food. I really drilled it into my kids' heads that a lot of the food the other kids brought in were kosher, but not kosher for us (non-chalav yisroel dairy, hechshers we don't use, etc.). So it became a thing at home that if I served something they didn't want to eat they would announce, "this is not kosher for me." Sometimes they would say this with guests over:
"I can't eat this. It's not even kosher for me!"

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:48 am
amother wrote:

Hysterical! My 3 year old sometimes takes along books while sitting in toilet. He needs to read..... Smile

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:47 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Hysterical! My 3 year old sometimes takes along books while sitting in toilet. He needs to read..... Smile

mine too. interesting cuz not DH or I do that.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:47 pm
debsey wrote:
I call that being an "observant Jew." It's like when my oldest was little, and she saw me put on my sheitel one evening and she immediately said "No, Mommy, no babysitter. Stay home." She knew sheitel = Mommy is leaving.

Mine does the same! Sees the sheitel and says "no work!"
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics