Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO cheap dati leumi community easy commute from malha

Aberdinah

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 4:15 am
Hello imas, we have been here a year and will probably move from armon hanatziv (Jlem) in the coming year. We are currently paying 3300/month for 3 rooms (not counting tiny kitchen and machsan - does that make it 3.5?). Anyway, we can't pay much more than that but need somewhere an easy commute from Malha mall. Can anyone suggest a friendly serious dati community somewhere on that side of Jerusalem (or otherwise easily accessible). Beit midrash that is open all day would be good, fresh air and lovely views like we have here would also be nice. More than 65 square metres even better! Thankyou in advance!

salt

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 4:26 am
Har Choma - possibly cheaper than Armon Hanatziv, but getting more expensive.
Or a little further out, any of the yishuvim in Gush Etzion.

hila

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 4:33 am
Or Tekoa, Ibey Nachal, or something out there. Any Yishuv in the Gush you should be able to get at that price. Buses all stop at Malcha and there are plenty of rides. (Neve Daniel, Elazar, Efrat, Alon Shvut)

For instance

APT AVAILABLE CALL REGINA ,
> -0542131999 , 2600 sh including arnona, LEV EFRAT

(today)

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:20 am
Kirwan yovel in Yerushalayim, not cheaper than armon hanatziv

I'm not sure Tekoah busses go to malcha.
Elazar, Never Daniel or Efrat are pretty close, lots of buses and rides but I don't know if they're cheap.

Ibei Hanahan (and Pnei Kedem) have limited bus service to malcha but people don't really rely on them. However commute by car is not bad (depends on traffic) and at least from Pnei Kedem there are rides.

If you're interested in renting in Pnei Kedem Pm me for more info.

Aberdinah

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 2:04 am
Thankyou so much for these replies! Do you need to be approved by a committee to rent in the places in Gush? Apart from yad2, where can I find apartments advertised? Are they very different from eachother in terms of atmosphere? obv efrat is big, some are smaller, but in 'frumness;? We are new olim so cannot get gun licences for 2 years - does that make a difference to where we should move? Or are they all about the same level of secure? We can't drive, so ones with good bus connections would be preferred. Shabbat shalom!

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 2:28 am
Can't speak for other places, but you don't need approval to rent in Efrat and most people here don't carry weapons. Buses go to Malcha about once an hour. I believe that there is an Efrat housing list you can join. Also Google Efrat rentals, there are a few English speaking agents.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:23 am
Efrat definitely has the most busses, but not all the busses come to all the neighborhoods. I live in Zayit and my husband sometimes has a hard time getting back if it's after like 10 pm. There are also tremps which are amazing - should be easy to get to malcha as that is where the walaje ends and many ppl work there but some communities are nicer than others when it comes to giving rides. For example, Neve Daniel is very very nice. Also anywhere past the tzomet may be harder to get to because it won't be on the way for as many people, and also might have less busses...Also some busses go into yishuvim and some only drop off at the entrance...

I believe you technically need to be accepted everywhere except efrat but if you are religious and normal you will probably not have a problem.

Religious vibe absolutely varies based on yishuv/neighborhood. I would recommend trying to spend a shabbat and talk to ppl from each place you are considering.

Another important note..... Yishuvim have special taxes which vary widely (all in the hundreds of shekel.... But some are 300 and some are closer to 500) so you should count that in your pricing (Efrat has a 150/month security fee and the highest arnona in the gush)

Good luck!

evie

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:44 am
Maybe Givat Mordechai? But prices probably went up since we left..

etky

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:54 am
Efrat is in the midst of a tremendous expansion. Come the summer, hundreds of families will begin to move in to the new neighborhoods of Tamar and Dagan and the new sections of Zayit. Once these new neighborhoods come 'on line', public transportation will need to be revamped to meet the needs of the expanded yishuv. This might actually happen even sooner than the summer, when Egged Ta'avura takes over from Egged (though no one actually know exactly when that will be...).
At the moment the designated Efrat buses depart about once an hour to Jerusalem, as the poster above me said. If you're on the very southern end of Efrat you can also catch the buses from the Eastern Gush (Tekoa etc.) that come into the south entrance on their way to Jerusalem and that expands your options even more. If you can get a ride down to the highway or to one of the other yishuvim then you can also take advantage of those buses to Jerusalem and/or the Kiryat Arba buses that run every 15 minutes on average.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions