Home

Moving soon help!

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Salmon

Post  Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:46 pm
I IYH will be moving soon. I need help. I need to purge a ton. I want the next place to be organized and stay that way. Yeah right.
Tips for packing and moving? Neatly, with sanity and babies? We have 1.5 months or so to pack up from a tiny but filled to the roof apartment to a bigger apartment (not huge but a ton better!)

amother

Brown

Post  Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:55 pm
The best tip I can offer is the way I packed. Each box got a number and colored sticker. Every room in the house corresponded to a different color sticker and all the boxes belonging to that room got that color sticker.
Every box got a number as well, and I kept a notepad where I wrote down the box numbers and details of what exactly is in each box.

pizza4

Post  Tue, Jan 10 2017, 9:35 pm
Go through each closet first. One closet a day. Look at each item for 10 seconds and decide if you want to keep it. Then pack up what you are keeping straight into a box and put the boxes back into the closet. Label them clearly! Color coding is a great idea too. The best tip is this: put all the things you're going to need right away in a seperate box, like hand soap, plastic cups, lens solution, etc you know best what the items are.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h