Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Where Is Sasha Obama At The Farewell Address?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:05 pm
https://www.romper.com/p/where.....29568

Heres an explanation:

Sasha Obama, the younger of President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama’s two daughters, was noticeably absent in Chicago during her father’s farewell address on January 10. That’s because it was a school night. Sasha is still in high school, attending Sidwell Friends in Washington D.C. and the school is in session.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/.....hter/

sourstix

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:44 pm
Oy, this is so not an issue for me, Obama goodbye good riddance. A disgrace to america

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 11:44 pm
She's attended plenty of speeches and has a personal life.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:16 am
sourstix wrote:
Oy, this is so not an issue for me, Obama goodbye good riddance. A disgrace to america

Funny you should say that considering what's incoming.

(and I'm not an Obama fan. I just think "disgrace" is an ironic word to use on this subject at this particular moment in time.)

Mevater

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:05 am
Both Obama and Trump have their vices and virtues.

As an Israel loving Jew, I'm hoping that Trump will be better on issues concerning Israel. Obama was not our most supportive pres in regard to Israel.

Also, if Trump lessens terrorism that will be great too. Another area that Obama was weak in. The US had too many acts of terror perpetrated lately.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:15 am
So, Mevater, did you see any tweets from DJT condemning the horrific truck attack on Israeli soldiers on Sunday? He was on Twitter, making sure to attack Meryl Streep. He couldn't find any time to tweet about the attack?

marina

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:15 am
Trump's not fit to clean the scum off of Obama's shoes.

fs

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:31 am
Ok Guys! lets keep things in perspective! Obama is no disgrace, he may have radical opinions that you don't agree with. That doesn't make one a disgrace. And I'm no Obama fan.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 3:42 am
I am happy that even my relatives and acquaintances who didn't support Obama are now praising him, and the First Lady, for leading with such dignity and grace and avoiding scandal. And I do get the sense that their household is one that shares a lot of the same values and expectations as mine.
I'd be happy to have them at my dinner table. Our president elect - I wouldn't let him anywhere near my beautiful teenage daughters....ick.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:24 am
Miri7 wrote:
I am happy that even my relatives and acquaintances who didn't support Obama are now praising him, and the First Lady, for leading with such dignity and grace and avoiding scandal. And I do get the sense that their household is one that shares a lot of the same values and expectations as mine.
I'd be happy to have them at my dinner table. Our president elect - I wouldn't let him anywhere near my beautiful teenage daughters....ick.

Although the Obamas have not been involved in any *seamy* scandals like zxual affairs with interns, racketeering, pay-for-play, etc., there are scandals aplenty.

- Weaponizing the IRS to target conservative organizations, IRS agents physically destroying PCs to hide evidence.

- Benghazi - ignoring pleas for help from our ambassabors and then blaming the incident on an unknown youtube video and jailing the filmmaker

- Secretly paying the Iranians $1.7 billion in foreign currency, delivered in an unmarked cargo plane in the middle of the night in exchange for hostages. What kind of banana republic does that?

- Hillary's homebrew sever - a blatant violation of protocol. Obama told the public he didn't know about it, but the FBI discovered that he communicated with her on this server using a pseudonym (hmmm).

- Behind-the-scenes orchestrating of the recent UN bill condemning Israel.

- Loretta Lynch's secret tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton.

Yes, the Obamas behave in a refined manner, speak with a refined vocabulary, and have excellent taste in art and fashion, and may even have nice kids -- but he and his administration are corrupt to the core.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:27 am
BTW, who cares whether his daughter attends a speech? If you want to talk about Obama's speech, or about Obama leaving office, why don't you just say so?

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:29 am
DrMom wrote:
BTW, who cares whether his daughter attends a speech? If you want to talk about Obama's speech, or about Obama leaving office, why don't you just say so?

Always start with 'mishpucha'

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:04 am
DrMom wrote:

Well, let's see how long we can keep on topic and talk about the farewell address and Sasha Obama Wink

(But first let me say that I am not happy with how Obama's leaving the world and am glad that AFA we know, his successor's not someone who would be continuing them wholesale. However, it is not befitting us to be euphoric about DJT as some sort of savior. We've been disappointed in people in the past, and LaHashem hayeshua.
I was convinced that scandal/health/something would bring down both of the candidates and that there would be two other people topping the tickets in November. Barring that, I strongly suspected that neither would last for the full four years due to scandal/health/something and that we would end up with their veeps for president. A very serious consideration for me was which veep and which party would I rather see dominant.
We are living in very interesting times.)

Is Sasha a senior? Do we know what she's thinking of doing next year?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:50 am
Sasha is taking a "gap year" and then going to Harvard the following year.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:11 am
doctorima wrote:
Sasha is taking a "gap year" and then going to Harvard the following year.

No, Malia is. Sasha is 15.

pause

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:15 am
Just posted this on the other thread: I disagreed with most of Obama's policies, but he always acted dignified and moral - as a father, husband, and president.

pause

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:19 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Well, let's see how long we can keep on topic and talk about the farewell address and Sasha Obama Wink

Is Sasha a senior? Do we know what she's thinking of doing next year?

Sasha is a freshman. Malia is a senior. The Obamas will be leasing a mansion in DC in order for Sasha to complete high school.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:20 am
When I run for president, I won't make my kids miss school for every speech I make.

pause

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:25 am
Chayalle wrote:
When I run for president, I won't make my kids miss school for every speech I make.
Right. Nor will I. Wink

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:26 am
Miri7 wrote:

This though my dds are still quite far from being teens. In fact when I think back on the past few presidents, even if I disagree with some of their policies or certain actions, overall I find them to be classy people who know how to act in polite company. I still can't believe that Trump is really our President now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics