Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Ive almost used up all storage on Gmail, what to do?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:46 am
They allow 15 gb, Im at over 10.

Im erasing all my ads from stores, etc.

Do most pay the 19.99 a year, sooner or later?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:57 am
No way. Organize your email inbox. Ads should go straight to spam, they stay there 30 days and then get deleted automatically.

You can just open a new email address if this one is full. But if it's properly organized it wouldn't get that full.

I made the mistake of having thousands of uncategorized emails in my inbox the first 5 times I opened email addresses. But the 6th time I finally got smart. My inbox has 0 emails in it. As soon as I get an email I mark it, move it or delete it.

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:57 am
Make sure when you delete stuff, that you also empty your trash! I ended up deleting lots of stuff but the storage amount wasn't going down - til I realized that!

I tried to download stuff that I don't need to keep in my email.

There are programs online that will label big emails so you can see them.

Another idea is to fwd big emails that you need to another email address.

Gluck! I'm wondering when I'll get to the point of just paying also...

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:58 am
I always delete the regular weekly ads and newsletters. Also sometimes insignificant emails from friends and relatives.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:07 am
Just checked, I'm at .45 gb with about 1200 emails in my organized account. That means that at 10 gb you have over 25,000 emails??? Is that right? Or are you storing stuff like videos or pics in your email account?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:13 am
Here is Google's page about storage. Note that other Google services (Google Drive and Photos) also count against your storage, and you might not realize you've used them. For example if you use Google Docs, it stores whatever you put in your documents in Google Drive. Or if you save an attachment from your Gmail one of the options is to store it in Google Drive.

https://support.google.com/dri.....hl=en

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:29 pm
In your gmail, do an advanced search to look for large attachments.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:08 pm
Why not just get another gmail acct

jewish613

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:17 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
No way. Organize your email inbox. Ads should go straight to spam, they stay there 30 days and then get deleted automatically.

You can just open a new email address if this one is full. But if it's properly organized it wouldn't get that full.

I made the mistake of having thousands of uncategorized emails in my inbox the first 5 times I opened email addresses. But the 6th time I finally got smart. My inbox has 0 emails in it. As soon as I get an email I mark it, move it or delete it.

This sounds interesting. What sorts of categories do you have?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:24 pm
I never thought I need to delete emails! I have many years worth of promotional emails from various sites I signed up with. Do I need to delete them? So time consuming!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:25 pm
jewish613 wrote:
This sounds interesting. What sorts of categories do you have?

When you store it in categories it doesn't take up storage space?

fraimal

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:32 pm
use this link for quick and easy instructions to delete "promotions" emails.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk.....t-way

Shuly

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:34 pm
Once a year, Gmail sends out a promotion offering more space for free if you run a security test on your account. Last year, it was in February, so they may do it again soon.
Here is the info from last year: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/83854

Also, search your mail for .wmv and .mp4 to find videos that can be deleted.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:45 pm
Storing in categories still takes up space but the advantage is that your inbox is always empty, it's very easy to find emails if you need them, and half of the time the email gets deleted instead of moved because when you look at it to decide what category it belongs in, you realize you don't need it.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:48 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Storing in categories still takes up space but the advantage is that your inbox is always empty, it's very easy to find emails if you need them, and half of the time the email gets deleted instead of moved because when you look at it to decide what category it belongs in, you realize you don't need it.

Ok sounds good. Can you give us ideas of basic categories?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:49 pm
fraimal wrote:
use this link for quick and easy instructions to delete "promotions" emails.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk.....t-way

Can't read this, I need to answer a survey first.

trixx

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:53 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I never thought I need to delete emails! I have many years worth of promotional emails from various sites I signed up with. Do I need to delete them? So time consuming!

just do a search "gap" , in the little yellow bar click on "select all messages with this" and hit delete. repeat.

also search for fwd:fwd:fwd etc to get rid of all those old emails, before memes became a thing

cholenteater

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:57 pm
I recently had this as well- what I did was go to the photo section and change the photos from original to High quality and got back 8 gb! I need to spend time deleting but this was the quickest option for me (pressed for time...)

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:38 pm
I use Drive almost daily, and I love that my phone photos ate automatically saved in Google photos. When my old computer was about to crash I uploaded everything to drive. So I pay 1.99 a month and for me it's totally worth it.
Didn't even think about it as a yearly fee. After accidently deleting something I really needed, I decided enough was enough and purchased more space. Works for me.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:53 pm
unroll.me will help clear up your inbox from promotional offers for future messages
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics