Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Ive almost used up all storage on Gmail, what to do?
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 9:49 am
IN gmail I have a promotions tab and just clear the entire thing out at one time (you motivated me this morning and I deleted 5,000 e-mails).
My yahoo account doesn't seem to have a limit. I have 100,000+ e-mails over close to 15 years.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:09 am
asmileaday wrote:
Ok sounds good. Can you give us ideas of basic categories?

Well, because I also use this email address for work, I made two folders labeled Work and Personal. Then under Personal, for example, I have subfolders like School, Bills and Receipts, Friends, Family, Important Info, etc. Then each of those can be sublabeled too - bills and receipts can be sublabeled with electric, gas, internet etc. Friends is sublabeled with individual names. And so on.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:18 am
trixx wrote:

also search for fwd:fwd:fwd etc to get rid of all those old emails, before memes became a thing

Lol! Every time a random person sends me a movie or meme via WhatsApp, I get reminded of those emails back in the ancient days when you could tell exactly who just opened up their very first email account.

I have several email addresses, and I notice on my phone that the gmail ones do not have the automatic option of 'trash', only 'archive'. Where are those emails being archived and is that a scheme to fill up my free storage?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:19 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Well, because I also use this email address for work, I made two folders labeled Work and Personal. Then under Personal, for example, I have subfolders like School, Bills and Receipts, Friends, Family, Important Info, etc. Then each of those can be sublabeled too - bills and receipts can be sublabeled with electric, gas, internet etc. Friends is sublabeled with individual names. And so on.

Your organizational skills frighten yet inspire me Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:23 am
https://www.findbigmail.com

They go through your inbox and out all the largest emails into separate folders (>1 mb, >5 mb, and >10 mb). You can then go through those large emails and delete the unnecessary ones.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:17 am
tigerwife wrote:
Your organizational skills frighten yet inspire me Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy

Lol thank you. I wish my house was as organized as my email account. 😉

lakewooder

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:26 am
Quote:
I have several email addresses, and I notice on my phone that the gmail ones do not have the automatic option of 'trash', only 'archive'. Where are those emails being archived and is that a scheme to fill up my free storage?

You can actually change your phone settings to move messages to trash instead of archive - on an iphone its under Advanced Settings - you can change to move discarded messages from archive mailbox to deleted mailbox.

I am sure there is something similar for Android phones as well.

Mrs. Annie

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:31 am
Wait for Feb. to get 2gb www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/.....ckup/

Or join google local guides and reach level 4 to get 100gb (I got a TB b4 they downgraded the program) https://www.google.com/local/guides

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 12:29 pm
oh, no .... mine says that I have 14.79 gb used of the 15 gb!! I just deleted my trash /spam and promotions and it went down from 14.80 to 14.79.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics