Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eating Meat

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:05 pm
A while ago, my 7 year old daughter was sick with a nasty cold (just a cold virus). She was running a fever for a few days so the doctor wanted to draw blood. Everything came back normal, except for her hemoglobin levels. They were slightly low, which the doctor attributed to the virus. I had to take her back to the doctor to get a retest on her hemoglobin levels. I give her a multivitamin with iron almost everyday, but that wasn't enough to raise her levels. I started making burgers every week so that she would get iron from food as well, which helped. The next time she was retested, her hemoglobin levels went way up, B'H. Ever since her levels went up, she has refused to eat much meat anymore. I even made tacos a few weeks ago and she wasn't a big fan. She won't eat my burgers any more. I don't want her to go without ever eating meat. I would love for her to eat my burgers again, but all of a sudden, she says she no longer likes them. She said she is willing to eat them if we could figure out what to put on them besides ketchup. My husband puts thousand island dressing on his burgers but she says she doesn't like that and she doesn't like BBQ sauce, and she's sick of ketchup. Any ideas of what she can put on her burger that doesn't involve ketchup, dressing, or BBQ sauce? Any and all ideas are welcome!!! I just want her eating my burgers again so that she's getting meat in her diet. TIA

bookie

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:09 pm
Tomatoes onions pickles

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:11 pm
I like grilled pineapple, or avocado, or sautéed onions on burgers

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:17 pm
grilled peaches with mustard. sounds weird, but it's really good.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:16 pm
Does she like mayo?
OR
What about turning the burgers into meatballs with spaghetti? Or a meat lasagna?

MyUsername

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:20 pm
Italian dressing

Garlic mayo

Thousand Island dressing

Honey mustard

Regular mayo and/or mustard

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:42 pm
Pesto.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:53 pm
There are other sources of iron, like green leafy vegetables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics