Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Family fights to keep four year old on life support

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:41 am
http://www1.wsvn.com/news/arti.....0716/

Please say tehilim for this little girl:

Ruchama Aliza Sora Chana bas Esther Liba[/url]

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 6:16 am
Ladies, I just read that article and saw the picture of beautiful Ruchama Aliza Sara Chana. I am crying. She looks like such a little maidel. I don't know this family but I feel their pain. How can Florida forcibly kill her?

It Elul so let's all do a bit of teshuva in her merit that she should have a refuah shleima u'meheira.

Take 3 minutes. Think about one element of yourself - a mitzvah you want to do better, a middah you want to improve. Write it down and put it in your siddur. Work on it everyday in her merit. Hashem gave us a tremendous power when we do teshuva ladies - lets use it to help save this little girl.

I have thought about it and my teshuva goal is working to keep a pleasant tone of voice when I speak to family members - no matter how stressed I am. I am writing this down and putting it in my siddur and davening Hashem will help me achieve it and that Ruchama Aliza Sara Chana will get the merit.

A gut Yahr to you all.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 6:47 am
I am so ill. I pray they don't take this little girls life. Florida is no place for those who value human life, perhaps nowhere in the USA is there such a place anymore.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 7:04 am
btw, if you know the family perhaps try and get them in touch with th Terri Schiavo foundation.
Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation ~ 5562 Central Avenue ~ Suite 2 ~ St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Phone: 727-490-7603 ~ Email: info@terrisfight.org

Don't email, call.

shoshb

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 8:11 am
Just speculating here, I'm not a lawyer or a doctor.
I wonder if the issue is that hospital doesn't want to/is not allowed to PAY to keep her life support, because of her poor prognosis. I wonder if the community could raise the funds, if that would change things.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:00 pm
It probably costs about $7,000 a day for ICU care which is usually the only part of the hospital staffed for ventilators. Some people go home on ventilators and the family learns to suction the airways and see that the oxygen is flowing. Maybe they could see if that would be an option.

ny21

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:06 pm
is their a way to send money to the family?

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:10 pm
Some updated info:

Update as of 12:05 AM, Friday, September 6, 2007

for 4 year old Ruchama Aliza Sarah Chana bas Esther Liba of NMB, FL

Friday, September 6, 2007, NMB Community shul Schedule for Tehillim and Shiurim for a Refuah Shleima for Ruchama Aliza Sarah Chana bas Esther Liba and for Mincha:

Bais Menachem Tehillim 7:16 PM Mincha 7:26 PM

Kahal Chassidim Tehillim 7:16 PM Mincha 7:26 PM

Torah V' Emunah Tehillim 5:50 PM Mincha 6:00 PM

Sharray Tefilah Shimiras HaLashon 6:40 PM Mincha 7:00 PM

Young Israel's first minyan (Plag minyan) Mincha 6:10 PM Tehillim after Mincha Second Minyan: Tehillim: 7:15 PM Mincha 7:24 PM

Clarifications and Explanations

There are many important needs that must be met to assist the Schwabs. To best meet all of the objectives and not overlap, the responsibilities have been divided. Some coordinators received more than enough volunteers and others have not received enough. It is very important to go through the designated coordinators. Doing so will eliminate having duplication of services or no services at any given time. If you are helping out at the house and were sent by anyone other than Chaya Unger please confirm with Chaya Unger. When people commit to coming and find out they are not needed they become frustrated and stop coming so please go through coordinators. There is a lot that needs to be done and having an organized system is the best method for meeting the objectives.

If you have sent in information it is or will be reviewed by the appropriate person. Because of the volume of calls and e-mails it is not always possible to respond to each person expeditiously. Please keep in mind that everyone involved is juggling these responsibilities with other responsibilities such as a regular work schedule, taking care of their own family, etc.

If you have volunteered services that were not at that time needed, your offer was appreciated even if it could not be accepted either because the shift was taken, the meal was already committed to by another or the particular offer was not in keeping with what the coordinator or family felt was best at the time. Please do not be hurt or insulted if your assistance has not yet been accepted. If you are not needed in one manner you are needed for another. There is a place for everyone. There is only one goal; what is best for Ruchama Aliza and the family.

Update on Needs

More personal visits to the hospital are needed. Please continue to visit the Schwabs at the hospital. It is only calls that needed to be rerouted. Visitors continue to be welcome and encouraged at the hospital; The Holtz Childrens' Hospital of The Jackson Memorial Hospital, 5th floor ICU to give support to the Schwab family. I am told the Gemora and Shulchan Orich say "that each visitor takes away 1/60 of the illness from the sick person" It is also a tremendous chizuk for the family and for Aliza and they greatly appreciate it.

Hhospital and Medical Suggestions. Please send all new medial and hospital suggestions to Joseph Davidsohn at jdavidsohn@mac.com. The family is still considering all options. Do decisions have been made yet.

More volunteers are needed to stay at the hospital for all shifts starting motzi shabbot. Please contact either Dov kunstler at dov@jewishplacement.com or Shlomo Freidman at Aviva517@aol.com. Also particularly important is someone to help Esther with Tehila during the day in the hospital. Anyone who can help while Esther is by Aliza would be very much appreciated. Contact Dov Kunsler or Shlomo Friedman. It would be very helpful for two girls to sleep at the hospital on Shabbos to help with Tehila.

Meals for the Schwab Children. There has been a tremendous response to help and there is a large list of names and no more meals left until after Rosh Hashona. If you are available to provide meals please email Cindy Itzkowitz your name and phone number. Her e-mail; address is Itzawrap2@aol.com. She will only call if there is a need.

Volunteers to help at the house for cleaning the house, dressing the children for school, watching the children, helping with homework, putting the children to sleep, late night baby-sitting, etc. call or e-mail Chaya Unger at rinau@bellsouth.net or 516 369-.3901 4-6 PM is a time that is particularly needed. Assistance is needed at the house and not by taking the children elsewhere.

Dedications for Ruchama Aliza

1. The Young Israel is having a scholar in residence Shabbaton this Shabbat with Rav David Stav. The shiurim and learning are all dedicated for the zchus of Ruchama Aliza. Attached is schedule for the Shabbaton. It starts with an Oneg Shabbot at 9:30 PM. All programs are free and open to the public.
2. Bais Medrash Zichron Ezra (BM Division of Yeshiva Toras Chaim) is dedicating the daily Mishna Berura seder that takes place each morning after the 7:30 AM Shacharis as a zchus for a refuah shlaima for Ruchoma Aliza Sorah Chana Bas Esther Liba. Tehillim is recited immediately following Shacharis followed by Mishna Berura Seder. All men (and boys) are welcome to come for Davening and to learn Mishna Berura daily in the BM. Those participating can stay for breakfast afterwards as well.

Additionally, they are dedicating the 2x weekly Chofetz Chaim seder that studies the laws of Loshon Horah and Rechilus as a zchus for a refuah shlaima for Ruchomah Aliza Sorah Chana Bas Esther Liba. This seder takes place in our Bais Medrash each Monday and Wednesday evening from 6:00-6:30 PM. All men (and boys) are invited to attend.

Please consider sponsoring shiurim at your shul in the merit of a Refuah Shleima for Ruchama Aliza Sarah Chana bas Esther Liba.

ny21

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:32 pm
was this info also posted on ;luach.com ?

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 1:41 pm
ny21 wrote:
was this info also posted on ;luach.com ?

I don't know. I got it by email.

Blossom

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 12:45 am
http://www.babyaliza.com/

Please continue to say Tehillim.

Piper

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 1:13 am
This just breaks my heart. what a precious child

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 11:35 am
Thank you for the link. Good to hear updates.

supermom

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 4:32 pm
Any updates?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 13 2008, 4:44 pm
http://babyaliza.com/news.shtml

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 5:58 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

dovids princess

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 7:16 pm
BH the family is able to support her at home with all these expensive therapies!!
I know the grandparents, aunts and uncles of this young girl, they are very, very nice people!!!!

mama-star

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 8:19 pm
these people are in my kehilla. they are not fighting with the state anymore, as they are caring for her at home. she has made some amazing improvements lately. she has been told to move a limb (arm or leg) and she moves it, which proves that she has hearing and comprehension to some degree. this was reported last sunday at a hachnossas sefer torah held in her honor. she still needsa refua shleima b'karov though.

also please keep this special mother in your prayers as well: http://rochiesfriendshipnetwork.blogspot.com/

may Hashem have rachmanous on all of klal yisroel and heal us from all our ailments, physical and spiritual.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics