Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constant pinworms
1  2  3  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:03 pm
I'm going crazy! my two youngest keep getting pin worms no matter what I do! I'm constantly changing linen, washing towels, doing laundry...I tried pinex, albenza, garlic...anybody have any ideas?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:15 pm
There is a homeopathic remedy called Cina that worked for my kids.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:16 pm
Take them off sugar if possible. I know that when my daughter eats candy she gets it. They say eating dairy also doesn't let it clear up so hold back on that a bit. If they like pumpkin seeds then give them that every day. Another tip is to give pinnex two weeks after you gave it-so 2 doses 2 weeks apart from each other.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:17 pm
Could you give me more info on this? What is it, where do I get it...?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
There is a homeopathic remedy called Cina that worked for my kids.

Can u pls give more information on this? Like which strength you used, how many, how long.... how did you know it worked?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
Can u pls give more information on this? Like which strength you used, how many, how long.... how did you know it worked?

200c 3x a day. It took about 7-10 days until they didn't feel itchy anymore and then we continued a few extra days to be sure.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:35 pm
You could also try kyolic. Maxihealth makes it. It's aged garlic, the worms hate that stuff. We mix, I think, something like 16 drops with about a tablespoon of grapejuice. (good for fighting infections in general I believe)

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:53 pm
I've tried the garlic cloves in the behind, kyolic, pinnex... the problem is they keep coming back! Every few weeks one or the other of my kids gets it again. It seems that its not clearing up .

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:18 pm
Change the toothbrushes too

I remember the Nshei Chabad Newsletter had an article MANY years ago (probably 20 or so) about a case of pinworms that kept coming back - I think the article was called "All You Never Wanted to Know About Pinworms". I wish I had kept a copy, but maybe the magazine can get it for you. It had a lot of great info.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:23 am
Diatomaceous earth has worked for us. You can add it to yoghurt, smoothies etc. and your kids will not taste it. It cleans the intestines and is very good for the body. Make sure you buy food grade and also increase water intake bc otherwise it can be constipating.

Good luck- I know how hard this can be!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 4:11 am
There's an amazing pediatrician here who says you should sit down the child in a potty of warm milk for half an hour. It draws out the worms and it helps long term! People swear by it.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 7:59 am
Pinex never worked for us. The only thing that knocked them out was Vermox. It's by prescription in some countries, but you can order it by mail from KiwiPharmacy in New Zealand. I keep a stock on hand at all times, especially when I had dogs that went outdoors.

I dose EVERYONE in the family, man, woman, child, and dog at the first sign of itchiness. In adults, you often don't get the itch, but you'll grind your teeth and be more irritable and cranky in general.

Hand washing is an absolute MUST. Be absolutely vigilant about this. Lots of soap and water, as often as possible.

Pinworm eggs can be airborne, and you can inhale them. You can get them anywhere that the soil is being disturbed, from construction, gardening, etc. At any point in time, one out of 10 American school children has a case of pinworms. They are everywhere, and unless the ground is frozen solid, they are active.

Good luck!

Ahuva

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:32 pm
Thanks for the info FranticFrummie! I was waiting to get Vermox from a European cousin, since its not available in the US.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 3:52 pm
What is the hand washing situation at your children's schools/daycare? Is there sufficient soap, hot water and paper towels for regular washing? Do the teachers enforce good hygiene and regular hand washing? Are the daycare personnel cleaning toys on a regular basis? Chemical treatments can only go so far.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:44 pm
Keep nails short and wash with soap when combing inside, before any food, after bathroom. Most important part of everything listed up thread.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Pinex never worked for us. The only thing that knocked them out was Vermox. It's by prescription in some countries, but you can order it by mail from KiwiPharmacy in New Zealand. I keep a stock on hand at all times, especially when I had dogs that went outdoors.

I dose EVERYONE in the family, man, woman, child, and dog at the first sign of itchiness. In adults, you often don't get the itch, but you'll grind your teeth and be more irritable and cranky in general.

Hand washing is an absolute MUST. Be absolutely vigilant about this. Lots of soap and water, as often as possible.

Pinworm eggs can be airborne, and you can inhale them. You can get them anywhere that the soil is being disturbed, from construction, gardening, etc. At any point in time, one out of 10 American school children has a case of pinworms. They are everywhere, and unless the ground is frozen solid, they are active.

Good luck!

All I found is this, not Vermox brand name.
https://www.kiwidrug.com/search/de-worm/
What do you know about this one that they have available?

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
There's an amazing pediatrician here who says you should sit down the child in a potty of warm milk for half an hour. It draws out the worms and it helps long term! People swear by it.

I'm also going through this. Did you hear of anyone that actually tried this and worked?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
All I found is this, not Vermox brand name.
https://www.kiwidrug.com/search/de-worm/
What do you know about this one that they have available?

It's the same thing. Here's some detailed info for you: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/mebendazole.html

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:
I'm also going through this. Did you hear of anyone that actually tried this and worked?

Yes. Many of my friends did it. Some were quite skeptical but became believers once they tried it. While it takes some tine and is not the most pleasant solution, it is also completely harmless. So why not give it a try?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 1:49 pm
bump
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics