Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constant pinworms
Previous  1  2  3  Next

MyUsername

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 1:33 pm
Another important thing is to tell their daycare /preschool / school to make an announcement to the parents. It doesn't do you any good to treat your kids' pinworms if some other kid at daycare / school always has it, they will just catch it back.

momaleh

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 2:47 pm
Pumpkin seeds have worked for us numerous times. Most of my kids like them, the others tolerate them, and I grind them and add the to food for babies.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:12 pm
How much pumpkin seeds per day? For how long do u make sure your kids eat pumpkin seeds

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:16 pm
MyUsername wrote:
Another important thing is to tell their daycare /preschool / school to make an announcement to the parents. It doesn't do you any good to treat your kids' pinworms if some other kid at daycare / school always has it, they will just catch it back.

The daycare should be disinfecting toys and doing all the usual cleaning necessary to prevent outbreaks. I'd also ask them to reinforce handwashing for the kids and their attendants.

This sounds like a continual reinfection cycle.

Brown

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:11 pm
The doctors I've asked said pregnant women and babies under a certain age should not take Vermox. Also, to really be rid of it the whole family should take treatment around the same time. Pumpkin seeds sound insteresting, or anything safe you can get everyone to use.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
There's an amazing pediatrician here who says you should sit down the child in a potty of warm milk for half an hour. It draws out the worms and it helps long term! People swear by it.

Anyone who recommends this does not understand that pinworms live in the gut- not the backside. So anything like this would only eliminate the worms that are around the area- but would not resolve the problem properly. I have also seen that pumpkin seeds work well.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 6:01 pm
I saw an advertisement for Zahler's Paragard for treating pinworms.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone who recommends this does not understand that pinworms live in the gut- not the backside. So anything like this would only eliminate the worms that are around the area- but would not resolve the problem properly. I have also seen that pumpkin seeds work well.

How much pumpkin seeds should I make sure my family eats daily?

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:

Do you really think that a pediatrician doesn't know where pinworms come from??? Have you ever tried it that you're so quick to dismiss it?? I believe he knows at least as much as you do. Appearantly the combo of warm+milk draws them OUT which is why he says to sit half hour. Makes them come out.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 9:50 pm
It's hard to keep this up, but it makes perfect sense:

Showers every morning, was advice from our pediatrician.
No baths until they are gone - the kids can end up re-ingesting the eggs.
And, of course very regular washing in hot water of linens, underwear and pajamas.
Disposable paper towels in the bathroom (not all sharing a towel).

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I saw an advertisement for Zahler's Paragard for treating pinworms.

Sorry to inform, but this hasn't worked for us.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:22 pm
MyUsername wrote:

And exactly what will an announcement help?
If you would only understand that pinworms are spread by the eggs....that are not killed by any disinfectant or cleaning detergents...and live on surfaces for THREE WEEKS.....
Pinworms are on planet earth to STAY.
They are indefatigable.
I'm considering moving to the moon.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry to inform, but this hasn't worked for us.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
How much pumpkin seeds should I make sure my family eats daily?

Even if they are having a handful a few times a week, you should see a change. You can also add it to smoothies. You may want to buy pumpkin seed spread (if they like the taste) and give it to them in the place of peanut butter.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 9:16 am
amother wrote:
Do you really think that a pediatrician doesn't know where pinworms come from??? Have you ever tried it that you're so quick to dismiss it?? I believe he knows at least as much as you do. Appearantly the combo of warm+milk draws them OUT which is why he says to sit half hour. Makes them come out.

I have never tried it- have you?
From the little I understand about the body, I can't imagine that sitting in anything could actually suck them out of the intestines.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
I have never tried it- have you?
From the little I understand about the body, I can't imagine that sitting in anything could actually suck them out of the intestines.

Yes. A very well-known pediatrician told me about it. I was very skeptical but figured I got nothing to lose. I did it 3-4 nights in a row before they went to bed. It has been years, they never had it again. Like I said, nothing to lose, everything to gain.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 10:30 am
I called my pediatrician about the safty of using vermox obtained thru the web, and she said theres a compounding pharmacy in brooklyn that can replicate vermox. She sent a prescription for vermox to a Nates pharmacy, they make the drug alone thru a compouding formula.
She said its the same effective as Vermox.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
I called my pediatrician about the safty of using vermox obtained thru the web, and she said theres a compounding pharmacy in brooklyn that can replicate vermox. She sent a prescription for vermox to a Nates pharmacy, they make the drug alone thru a compouding formula.
She said its the same effective as Vermox.

I gave the vermox from nates pharmacy for my DD last week. Wasn't aware it wasn't the real vermox. I have tried the over the counter pin-x several times in the last 6 mths and it was not effective. This formula seems to have worked within 24 hrs . Hopefully its long term

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 2:26 pm
I am going to join in. I treated my whole family with Reeses pinworm medication about 2 months ago- double dose. For a few weeks everything was quiet. Then last week my son started complaining that its itching. And a day or 2 later I started feeling itchy, checked and found one. embarrassed Someone told me about Allicin oil by Dr. Garlic. Anyone used that? Its quite expensive. Is it really any different than taking plain garlic? And how do you eat plain garlic?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 4:04 pm
New Utrecht pharmacy in Boro Park compounds the Vermox.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics