Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is your dh comfortable buying you tampons?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:26 pm
Been married awhile now and dh is mortified by the idea of going into the pharmacy and getting me tampons. He thinks his feelings about this is normal. Would your dh get this for you?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:29 pm
Mine won't even walk down that aisle in the store!

workermom

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:30 pm
Very interesting question. When I first thought about it I thought for sure not. I asked my dh cuz I was curious if he would. He looked at me and said, I already have. Lol... Guess I was the one who couldn't remember this time around.
(fyi I have been married for 10 months)

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:37 pm
My dh says he will only go very late to a 24 hour pharmacy that has self checkout so he doesn't have to face anyone.

octopus

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:38 pm
Yes, he does. It's just part of life.

imasinger

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:40 pm
I'm past that point in life now, but I don't believe I ever asked him to.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:41 pm
I only wear pads- but he has no problem buying them.

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:45 pm
I remember my DH going to get me pads literally less than a month after our wedding. I wasn't feeling well and he came back with pads, Midol and a hot water bag. He knew what I needed more than I did!! He grew up with mostly sisters so there was always someone in his home having their period. Nowadays, if I'm in the store with him he wouldn't go down that aisle. But post partum my DH always gets me my supplies.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 6:46 pm
Mine will order them on Amazon. Then again, so will I. I love never having to personally buy this kind of stuff anymore.

OMG!

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:04 pm
First of all I wouldn't send dh. In an emergency my pharmacy delivers. Second, there are so many types and brands that he would never know which one, and I don't like explaining him stuff over the phone when he's on errands.
I once saw a couple at that aisle in a local grocery, and she's was contemplating which one to get , and asked her dh for advice... That wasn't at night when store is empty. By day when tons of people passed that aisle. I thought it was awkward! Like a couple smelling deodorants together!!

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:08 pm
I rarely ask. I think I've asked a few times: once postpartum, and once when I couldn't drive for some other reason.
He doesn't mind going, but I jut do it myself anyway. I do most of the shopping anyway.

Tzutzie

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:19 pm
I get mine myself. Whenever I finish a cycle I make sure I have enough for another full cycle at least.
But it has happened in 7 years that I forgot and ran out and was stuck. With kids home (no driving. And no local 24 hour place) that I had asked dh to get me some.

He's totally ok with it. Just a fact of life.
He has also gotten me my ept the second time I was pregnant. We weren't home then and he got it for me and I ended up doing it at my mils house!!!

Last edited by Tzutzie on Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:25 pm
I think my husband would

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

chavs

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:30 pm
My husband has no problem with that.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 7:57 pm
Mine goes all the time .... Wouldn't ask if he wasn't comfortable with it but he has no issue at all ......

ETA: just wanted to add that when I am totally out and have time to wait I do stock up online .....its just when I am in desperate need that he goes to the store for me

cm

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:19 pm
He picked up some sanitary napkins for me without blinking when I ran low post-partum. Other than that, I never asked, but he's not really sensitive about such things. I'm sure some men would find it more challenging.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:32 pm
My husband wil buy me feminine hygiene products and even bedikah cloths, which are sold in the local pharmacy. He does draw the line at hosiery though, because he's confused by the selection.

OTOH I remember when I was a teen my mother just gave birth and needed nursing bras. My father took me to the store with him and had me talk to the saleslady because it was just too embarrassing.

seeker

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:32 pm
He would feel a little uncomfortable but would do it anyway. I, in return, would not ask unless it was an unusual emergency situation.

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 8:42 pm
My husband would.

I once met my rav who is a big Talmud chachom in the store. He is mr. Mom and does all the shopping. His wagon had several different types of pads.
He has a house full of girls and they all prefer different types.

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Jan 14 2017, 9:00 pm
Dh has no problem buying me pads or whatever I need. He just bought Friday, I asked him to buy, for my daughter, she has the period now. No biggie for him.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics