Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is your dh comfortable buying you tampons?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:56 am
MagentaYenta wrote:

Are people embarrassed to buy toilet paper as well? Both are natural bodily functions that require sanitary supplies.

This ^

heidi

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 7:59 am
amother wrote:
I hope she never finds out I would feel violated.

Until I got married my father bought them for me. After I got married my DH did. Also pregnancy tests. It took till my own daughter needed them for me to get over the embarrassment of buying them.
I thought I was a competent adult.
I guess not.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:00 am
I'm a SAHM so DH does most of the errands, as he has the car. It's always on his list and he has no problem with it.
If I'm trying something new or different, I'll send a pic of the package.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:01 am
BTW, forgot to mention earlier, that this is an interesting question I've never seen posted before!

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:28 am
Is this seriously an issue? DH does the shopping every week and this is on the list whenever I need it. I've never thought twice about putting it there and he's never indicated that he has any difficulty with it.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:12 am
DH does the shopping and buys the pads. I have lots of girls and they know he buys the. Him buying them doesn't mean he knows when they get their period. A lot of my girls don't feel well when they get their period so he knows anyway.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:30 am
this has always been an issue for me... meaning to pick up a package and wait in line to pay for it. Of course I have done it many times but to be honest it has always made me uncomfortable. I believe it is because I had no sisters and my mother was always super private and hid these items. She would actually point out to me that she noticed if I discarded a used pad and that I should be more careful to hide it. So I guess she made me feel terribly uncomfortable. I remember not knowing how to throw them out so she wont find them .... I would try to figure out ways ...I would hide them in my room and after a while take a shopping bag and fill it with other garbage and then stuff my pads in and sometimes take the bag to a public can. It is really sad now that I think if it. Sadly, I don't think that I will ever outgrow this as I am already in my 40's. Buying pregnancy tests was also a big issue for me ,,, what if someone saw???? Anyway, it is now the year 2017 and B"H I can order all my personal items online without having to worry about being seen in a store!!

To answer the original question ---my dh would buy for me if I asked - he has bought when needed!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:38 am
I don't think dh would have an issue buying them since he's the type that doesn't give a flipping hoot about what others think.
There are a million options though so I'd have to send him a pic.
My pet peeve is men not wanting to carry their wives sheital boxes. I'm a SM and I find it hilarious when men are dropping off their wives wigs and the box is in a garbage bag so no one sees what they're carrying....

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:40 am
I can definitely see that a man is uncomfortable buying this but hey, he's married. That's more obvious. I wouldn't force dh if he said no. But he doesn't give me an issue.

Snickers18

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:55 am
My husband does all the grocery shopping and always has, so he gets whatever is on the list, feminine hygiene products included. He doesn't care. Why would he?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:59 am
Sometimes it's bothers me when men stand in front of such products .

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:09 pm
I'm confused, do only men need hemorrhoid cream?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Sometimes it's bothers me when men stand in front of such products .

Why does it bother you? They are obviously buying them for their wives or fulfilling a weird se$ual fixation. Probably the former. What's your theory as to why men are standing in that aisle?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:17 pm
It's just not so comfortable even when the buy it for their dw

Liora20

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
My husband would.

I once met my rav who is a big Talmud chachom in the store. He is mr. Mom and does all the shopping. His wagon had several different types of pads.
He has a house full of girls and they all prefer different types.

I ❤️ this.
Not sure why it's just a great story.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:

Dh doesn't send me to the pharmacy to buy his hemorrhoid cream, either.

Princesses don't poop LOL

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 2:02 pm
oh please please let me add my story LOL

my DH had to buy me pads on the night of our wedding- I got my period before we were intimate- in hotel room, enjoying each other's company. Go to bathroom and surprise I got my period. Awkwardly stained the dress lining- good times. We went together in the car to the pharmacy and I asked him to go- I was still in my wedding dress. lol. Pretty funny memories and actually it was pretty amusing at the time too...

Volunteer

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 5:03 pm
Dh has never done it, but I imagine he wouldn't like to buy me pads. He would probably get very confused among the dizzying array of products, in packages that all look alike.

This is a man who once came home with a huge cabbage instead of a lettuce, and who can't tell the difference between a cucumber and a zucchini.

Regular, super, heavy, long, overnight, scented, with and without wings, ultra thin, liners, curved, thong shaped, bladder leakage products, each type in a few different brands.... hopeless!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 5:16 pm
Dh works in a pharmacy. He brings me home ept, pads, monistat, anything I need.

nursemomma

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 6:25 pm
Dh does, but only in a chain pharmacy like rite aid. He wouldn't feel comfortable buying pads in ye local supermarket or pharmacy.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics