Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nail polish colors, yeshivish, Baltimore
Previous  1  2

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:03 pm
little neshamala wrote:
There was a thread about this recently...it really has to do with where you live. "Yeshivish" in some places are different than in others.
What ive noticed, in my "in town", yeshivish community, is that sheer light pinks used to be the only acceptable colors, and now its totally normal for yeshivish women to wear opaque colors, that are darker, like greys and taupe.
But this really has to do with where you live.

When it comes to nail polish, a lot has changed over the past 5-10 years. Before, different colors weren't really mainstream. It was mostly a million pinks, whites and nudes and a few red and an oxenblood.

Colors have only become mainstream in the past few years in general society and as they're becoming mainstream a lot of Jewish women start using them too (where they wouldn't years ago).

little neshamala

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
If my husband was rabbi and gave shuirim the more so I wud want to wear more traditional colors

Really depends on the community where you live, and if they're adapting towards wearing more colors. I have a few friends whose husbands are Rabbis/Rebbeim/magidei shiur and they're recently wearing darker nail polish because their communities have slowly morphed into being ok with it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics