Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Male pediatrician in Monsey area

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:12 am
I understand Yakov Kiffel is great, but I don't think he is taking new patients. Did anyone have experience with Dr. Yehuda Seif or Dr. Benjamin Friedman? I'm desperate, I have 4 boys teenagers and little kids. Anyone have experience with either of the above mentioned doctors?

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:16 am
We use Dr. Joffe on Main St. He is excellent.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:42 am
I use Dr Friedman for over 12 years. I think he is a great dr. I kind of joke with my siblings that I never BH had to take kids to the ER because he is always available in case of emergency. (my siblings dr after-hours service just tells them to go to ER).

I started using Dr Friedman when I had a 2 year old that was scared of drs. The screams were heard from the parking lot. The entire staff put me at ease and didnt allow it to phase them until DC stopped.

A few years ago he hired a female dr. You do not need to use her. You may not have a choice sometimes because once a week, or when DR Friedman is on vacation, she is the only one there. She is an excellent dr and my teen DD uses her for well visits. When you make an appointment, even a sick visit, you can request a specific dr.

The office is way busier than it was just a few years ago. Not sure if they are accepting new patients, doesnt hurt to call and ask.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:15 pm
I'm looking for a pediatrician in Monsey. I've gotten many recommendations. I have no idea how to pick from those. We pay a small fortune annually for our insurance. I'm wondering if that might help me narrow down my choices? ie. are any of you aware of a pediatrician there that is selective with which insurance they accept? (I figure that their office may not be as crazy busy, and also, I may be totally wrong here, sometimes if they can be selective like that, it's because they are highly qualified.) Please help, I'm really overwhelmed here. Thanks!

The recommendations I've gotten are:
Dr. Gorelik
Dr. Bekritzky
Dr. Kiffel
Dr. Gerwitz
Dr. Binyaomin Friedman

And yeah, I realize that I'd need to see if they even accept new patients

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
I'm looking for a pediatrician in Monsey. I've gotten many recommendations. I have no idea how to pick from those. We pay a small fortune annually for our insurance. I'm wondering if that might help me narrow down my choices? ie. are any of you aware of a pediatrician there that is selective with which insurance they accept? (I figure that their office may not be as crazy busy, and also, I may be totally wrong here, sometimes if they can be selective like that, it's because they are highly qualified.) Please help, I'm really overwhelmed here. Thanks!

The recommendations I've gotten are:
Dr. Gorelik
Dr. Bekritzky
Dr. Kiffel
Dr. Gerwitz
Dr. Binyaomin Friedman

And yeah, I realize that I'd need to see if they even accept new patients

I can tell you that Bekritsky Friedman and kiffel are all very good. Call and see if they’re taking new patients before you bother doing more research into them. Of those three, Bekritsky has the best run office with the least wait time.
FYI, those offices are not near each other- depending on your location it could take you a long time to get to one versus the other.
Bekritsky is a woman and the other two above are men, if that influences your decision based on the gender of your kids.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I can tell you that Bekritsky Friedman and kiffel are all very good. Call and see if they’re taking new patients before you bother doing more research into them. Of those three, Bekritsky has the best run office with the least wait time.
FYI, those offices are not near each other- depending on your location it could take you a long time to get to one versus the other.
Bekritsky is a woman and the other two above are men, if that influences your decision based on the gender of your kids.

Just to clarify- I’m not knocking the other two doctors you asked about, I simply have no experience with them

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:

Thank you so much for your well thought out reply, I really appreciate it. I had done a distance check, they all seem same far (but I guess from diff directions); you're right re: thinking about the gender - I'll look into the other two if they're accepting new patients.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:56 pm
Bekritzky is amazing. I have used her always and she was any pediatrician. That said I just called for well visits and there was a wait till SEPTEMBER for her. I am just gonna have zagelbaum do it this time cuz I meed camp forms but I will have to be really on top of it next time to get the doctor I want.
I want to say that I had all the doctors there for sick visits. Although I like Esther bekritzky the best as I know her well and she really knows my kids the other doctors in my opinion are great as well.

monseymom25

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 12:03 am
We have been with Dr. Seif for many years. He's a great doctor. He always has time and patience to speak with you at your appointment. He explains things clearly and I trust his judgement. He has a solo practice so he sees my kids each time and really knows them. I warmly reccomend him.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 1:57 am
Dr Benyomin Friedman is not accepting new patients

thanks

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 6:10 am
Dr chesir in New city. He's great.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 6:42 am
Dr Risa Gorelick . Most experienced and best diagnostician from your choices.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 7:45 am
I use Dr. Zegilbaum. It's Williamsburg pediatrics. There are also other doctors in the group. One other male and two females. I'm extremely happy there!

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 7:52 am
Dr. Kiffel, Dr. Gorelik & Dr. Jofee are all not accepting new patients. And their wait time is also quite long.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children