Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Child playing with food = inadequate guardianship?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Laiya

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 7:45 am
Squishy wrote:
According to my friend, the child was playing quietly in the mom's bedroom. The baby and the mom went to sleep. Mom was exhausted and felt she really needed to sleep to function. She knowingly went to sleep. This happened regularly without incident.

The child was not in imminent danger.

Whether she was irresponsible and negligent, or deserves the Mom of the Year award, isn't relevant.

She has a vicious ex who apparently is more convincing than she is. Bottom line, she needs a lawyer.

Aylat

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 10:51 am
Just here to agree with seeker and lymnok. I also don't always hear my toddlers when they wake up in the night or early morning. Lol. With one of my kids the only way we knew he had been up in the night is because of the toys he had spread out on the floor.

The horrible situation this woman is in with her ex is totally separate from 'judgement' on her as negligent or whatever. Mums can nap.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 1:23 pm
One question I have is how the ex found out that she was sleeping while the child was running around. Did the child run out/was on balcony and a neighbor said something? Did the ex just come over?

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:14 pm
WhatFor wrote:
One question I have is how the ex found out that she was sleeping while the child was running around. Did the child run out/was on balcony and a neighbor said something? Did the ex just come over?

An adult looked into the window.

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:17 pm
Aylat wrote:
Just here to agree with seeker and lymnok. I also don't always hear my toddlers when they wake up in the night or early morning. Lol. With one of my kids the only way we knew he had been up in the night is because of the toys he had spread out on the floor.

The horrible situation this woman is in with her ex is totally separate from 'judgement' on her as negligent or whatever. Mums can nap.

Thank you. Besides everything else, my friend is beating herself up for napping. She went from feeling like a good mother to feeling like a failure.

I have no idea what mothers do who can't afford help and don't have close friend's to help.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:18 pm
Squishy wrote:
An adult looked into the window.

Was it the xhusband or one of his minions?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics