Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Inexpensive children's earrings

mirimiri

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:32 pm
I need a place where I can buy "disposable" earrings for my 2 1/2 year old, I keep buying her the cutest earrings and they're constantly falling out of her ear Sad I don't mind to pay more for earrings that I know will stay, but like this, I don't want to anymore we have one of each pair left.
Do you know any websites or stores NY area that I can buy nice/cute earrings for her?

*when a say disposable I obviously don't mean to throw out, just that if they get lost I won't be so upset like I have with her other earrings in the past
Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:53 pm
Why don't you purchase a pair of huggies (leverback earrings) so that she doesn't lose them?

ckk

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:40 pm
Try the sterling silver earings on Amazon. You can find for $10.

Laiya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:53 pm
Endless hoop earrings should't open on their own, you don't have to worry about backs falling off, and if small enough she can sleep with them.

Maybe something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....DXGHU

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:56 pm
Got in Walmart a pack of 50 for abt $10. Murphys law. 4 yr old wearing same pair since august! Previously got similar in hoseiry store 1
pair for $10

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:01 am
Screw back.
I got my baby very pretty gold earrings for $60 a pair. It came with a screw post and a nut cap back. The lady tried convincing me that a rubber back is just as tight as the screw cap.
I was back there 10 days later to get half a pair..... this time I insisted on the gold scree cap backs. Its been a year and she still wears the same earrings.....

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:10 am
No screw backs! They can get wedged in the ear lobe and you may need a plastic surgeon to remove them. Been there, done that.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:26 am
My girls have lost every type of earring. One place actually sold us piercing earrings so one of my dd wouldn't lose it. Well one fell out. Not sure what happens. I never saw them playing with them. Sometimes they would wake up with only one other times we would just realize. I am basically done with earrings.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:37 am
ra_mom wrote:
No screw backs! They can get wedged in the ear lobe and you may need a plastic surgeon to remove them. Been there, done that.

Forgot to add in my previous pay, I also glued dds backs to the post after screwing them in.

My niece had it twice. Once in each ear. Both plastic backs.
The surgeon took it out. He told my sister it's mostly luck and might have something to do with the skin type/sensitivity/size of the hole/how right it was pushed back/type of push back......

My dds screw backs are screws closed and glued so they cant screw off or screw on tighter. They are loose and she had plenty of room to grow with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics