Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you clean your makeup brushes?

MOM222

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:36 pm
If yes, how?

SingALong

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:08 am
I rinse in water. Then clean with With shampoo and conditioner. Rinse again. Squeeze out excess water. Then let dry on towel for a day.

flippingout18!

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 12:50 am
yes of course!! its a buildup of bacteria and so bad to put on your face. think about all that junk going back on your face....

I wash my brushes with johnson baby soap or dish soap. Whatever is closest on hand lol.

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:11 am
If you don't wash your make up brushes you are reapplying bacteria to your face. I wash with one tiny drop of baby shampoo and water and then air dry.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 4:14 am
Someone sent me a link to this yesterday:
http://www.betweencarpools.com.....shes/
When I opened this thread I was sure this is what it would reference embarrassed

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 4:33 am
I use a solid bar cleaner from Sephora. Its gentle and does a great job, esp on my sponges.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:00 am
I can't be bothered. Don't notice any problems from it. If they look dirty, I use water, maybe soap.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:08 am
You absolutely should be washing your makeup brushes regularly! If you have acne prone skin, or breakouts you should be washing even more often. Besides for spreading and harboring bacteria, your makeup won't look as fresh and will look caked up.

For eyeshadow brushes, cinema secrets brush cleaner from sephora is great because it takes seconds and the brush dries straight away. For face brushes (like brushes that are full of liquid foundation), you have to deep clean. One trick that I've learned is to use a bar of soap (duped this from the beauty blender solid cleanser). Swirl the brush on the bar of soap (I use dove which moisterizes the brush as well) under running water for a fast deep clean. Baby shampoo takes much much longer to really clean all the foundation out of a thick synthetic kabuki.

Elizabeth W

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 2:31 pm
Yes, definitely! I use generic brand eye makeup remover with a tissue

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:26 am
Of course. Once a week or so, and I'm not a heavy user of makeup. Lukewarm water and whatever soap is in the bathroom, usually Ivory. Dip bristles in water, smoosh around in soap, dab dab dab against the sink until color stops bleeding out, rinse and repeat, then squeeze out excess water onto a towel, reshape with fingers and lay on a basket to air dry. Big fluffy brushes I shake to separate the bristles after squeezing out the excess water.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:44 am
amother wrote:
I can't be bothered. Don't notice any problems from it. If they look dirty, I use water, maybe soap.

Try it once. When you see what comes out, you will think again if you can't be bothered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry