Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Is Bina Insane
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 5:12 pm
greenfire wrote:
la vida no es nada bueno, sin cilantro ~

Trying to parse with all those negatives Wink

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 2:18 am
livinginflatbus wrote:
Natural mom what was the exotic recipe ? I'm curious

There was really nothing so exotic there, although some were interesting (filled potato cups, cheese cups- a bit of a patchke). There were about 8 different recipes, and the most exotic ingredients were artichoke, basil, mint leaves, turmeric and cajun.

I guess the op is just used to baking/cooking more 'boring' and using strong language.

No, Bina is not insane. They cater to all types, so they have all types of recipes.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:15 am
What can you use mint leaves for?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:18 am
I never said exotic
I said it seemed very bizarre to make such an elaborate catered affair on a "snow day"
No one that I know just happens to have then ingredients needed just lying around for an ordinary weekday meal

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 6:53 am
RDR wrote:

fresh mint leaves are great in a jug of water with some lemon slices.

Dried, not sure.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 10:17 am
This thread is great! It reminded me I hadn't made Jamaican jerk chicken in a while so we had it for dinner last night. Yum!

etky

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 10:47 am
gp2.0 wrote:
This thread is great! It reminded me I hadn't made Jamaican jerk chicken in a while so we had it for dinner last night. Yum!

That's what we had too!

busy mommy

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:06 am
gp2.o can I have the recipe for the Jamaican Jerk chicken. it sounds exotic and yummy

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:14 am
RDR wrote:

Dried mint is great with fish and I sometimes use it with tomatoes as an alternative to basil

etky

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:22 am
RDR wrote:

Chopped in tabbouleh and as a garnish for fruit salad. Also in chilled fruit soups.
Whole mint leaves are good steeped in tea.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:27 am
In the summer, cube a ripe watermelon. Top with freshly chopped mint leaves, and then pour champagne or moscato over. Let it rest in the fridge a few hours, and serve in small cups between courses, or as a light dessert. Delicious!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:28 am
busy mommy wrote:
gp2.o can I have the recipe for the Jamaican Jerk chicken. it sounds exotic and yummy

Sorry, I don't save recipes. I just do a google search and adjust according to my taste and which ingredients I have.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:29 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I never said exotic
I said it seemed very bizarre to make such an elaborate catered affair on a "snow day"
No one that I know just happens to have then ingredients needed just lying around for an ordinary weekday meal

I agree that artichoke seems unusual. I rarely see it fresh in stores. Is it in season in the winter?

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:31 am
I buy canned or frozen artichoke hearts for shabbos or yomtov but they are kind of pricey. I would not have them in the house regularly.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:32 am
Raisin wrote:
I agree that artichoke seems unusual. I rarely see it fresh in stores. Is it in season in the winter?

The recipe called for a jar of marinated artichoke hearts.

etky

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:39 am
Raisin wrote:

I don't know about Europe but here in Israel artichokes are most in season at Pesach time. They're an early spring crop.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:43 am
RDR wrote:

Raisin wrote:
fresh mint leaves are great in a jug of water with some lemon slices.

Dried, not sure.

you can also make fresh mint tea ... or use it in a veggie shake

I've seen on cooking shows using it for lamb and fresh salsas

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/2.....alsa/

it's also great to soak in a hot tub mint leaves with epsom salt

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
The recipe called for a jar of marinated artichoke hearts.

Where can you get these with a heksher? Marinated artichoke hearts are one of my favorite foods, and I haven't had them in years. They're usually made with unsupervised vinegar that might have come from wine, and there's also the concern of whether they are considered to be "cooked" or not.

Pasta salads, on pizza, or just straight out of the jar. YUM. If I knew where to get them, I'd buy them by the case full!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Where can you get these with a heksher? Marinated artichoke hearts are one of my favorite foods, and I haven't had them in years. They're usually made with unsupervised vinegar that might have come from wine, and there's also the concern of whether they are considered to be "cooked" or not.

Pasta salads, on pizza, or just straight out of the jar. YUM. If I knew where to get them, I'd buy them by the case full!

http://www.kosherpark.com/arti......html

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:29 pm
How do I upload pictures? I have tried to upload pictures of the Binah Recipes and was unable to.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room