Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
48 inch Pro Range - thoughts?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:20 pm
We are planning a remodel and are considering purchasing a 48" Thermador Harmony line pro range. It has one large oven and a second smaller oven.

However, when I went online to read reviews it seems that many think that the ovens are not great. The reviews of the 30" and 36" in the same line are much better.

I'm interested to hear thoughts from others who have experience with this or similar models. We are considering getting a smaller range and a wall oven instead. Anyone made this decision before? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:41 pm
Dying to get the dacor or thermador in 48 inch! Lmk if you do get it, I'd love to know how they perform.
Where's the drool emoji, lol

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 6:59 pm
Just heard back from one friend who has the thermador and loves the stovetop but doesn't like the temperature control for baking.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:37 pm
We considered a 48" Bluestar but ultimately went with a 30" and a 24" on completely separate counter runs. The kashrus is simpler that way but 48" ranges look terrific and make an excellent focal point. Read as many reviews as you can find. Hatzlacha!

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 8:42 pm
I once saw a drool-worthy 48" Thermador in someone's kitchen. But she admitted that she used the small oven only for storage! (She had a separate double wall oven for milchig and pareve and a countertop double-burner for milchig, too.)

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 2:32 am
you can also get a completely separate gas hob and wall ovens. That's what we have.

Although those big ranges do look great, I like not having to bend down to put stuff in and out of the oven.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen