Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
ISO ideas for dinners that can also be frozen

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:56 am
Hi ladies,

I am looking for some dinner ideas that I can make double and freeze half for another meal either later in the week or the next week. Mainly mains, with ideas for sides as well. Nothing too expensive but if it can be stretched in a way to make it cheaper, all the better.

quick, healthy, and filling recipe ideas welcomes as well even if they aren't freezable Smile

thanks!

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:21 am
I routinely freeze:

Fish paremesan (to serve in subs)
Stuffed capons
Leftover crockpot meat sauce with broccoli (to serve over fresh pasta)
Farfel or some variation of little pasta balls/stars
Roasted chicken parts with spices and breadcrumbs
Roasts (I will often by the cheapest cut on sale and then serve it with either fresh roasted potatoes or in subs with lots of roasted veggies and it actually goes really far)
Schnitzel
Meatballs
Chicken vegetable soup and homemade bread (the texture of the veggies get a little bit weird, but my kids love this dinner anyway, because of the homemade bread)

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 4:12 am
Meatballs
Shepherd's pie
Lasagne

I also make crock pot dinners with frozen meat - not exactly what you asked for, but same idea. Take a hunk of frozen meat out in the AM, put it in the crockpot and let it cook low and slow all day.
This is a huge favorite of ours
http://www.ayearofslowcooking.......html

sky

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 8:40 am
Lasagna
Breaded chicken cutlets

Laiya

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:07 am
Split pea soup You can make it fleishigs by adding some cubed shoulder steak if you want.

I also sometimes make a vegetable soup with pieces of cubed turkey and rice. Just don't add mushrooms or barley or it won't freeze well.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:24 am
meatballs again... it freezes so well!
tuna patties
stuffed peppers/cabbage (we make the peppers parve sometimes)
homemade pizza
and most soups of course.

smileyfaces

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 10:12 am
sky wrote:

Breaded chicken cutlets

Do they got soggy when you defrost? Do you freeze raw?

lora

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 10:47 am
what I do is make one a huge mixture of ground beef with ingredient like eggs, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, oil, spices and ground onions. then I freeze the mixture in 1/2 pound bags and take out one at a time it can be cooked in three versions I can think of: in a pot of tomato sauce as meat balls, shaped into patties and fried or add some basil and oil and baked as meatloaf.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 1:18 pm
RDR wrote:

homemade pizza

How do you do this? Do you freeze raw or after it's been (fully? partially?) baked?

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 4:38 pm
challahchallah wrote:
How do you do this? Do you freeze raw or after it's been (fully? partially?) baked?

Oh right, I do this too.

I bake them fully and then freeze the individual slices flat before bagging them.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 5:10 pm
challahchallah wrote:

Either fully baked or without the cheese and add it before I put it in oven to defrost
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus