Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Henoch schonlein purpura

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 7:55 pm
Have you ever heard of this?

My son was diagnosed with this. Anyone have any experience or knowledge beyond Dr. Google?

Why does it happen? Does it really resolve on its own? How long will he need to be off his feet? Can I avoid steroids?

Please share.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:56 pm
My son had it years ago. He developed it after he had a strep that he was treated for. He was home from cheder about 10 days. Hsp went away without treatment was confirmed with a urine test that it was gone.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
My son had it years ago. He developed it after he had a strep that he was treated for. He was home from cheder about 10 days. Hsp went away without treatment was confirmed with a urine test that it was gone.

Thanks for sharing.

The doctor said it's completely unrelated to anything, no causes, etc. But he had appendicitis and appendectomy just last week, and I did read that it is usually preceded by an infection.

My poor baby.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 7:39 pm
We have been to the doctor twice and it got worse today. His legs are swollen and painful. I had to carry him to bed. Sad

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 8:01 pm
I don't remember very clearly as it was a long time ago. Probably around 8 years ago. I think these symptoms are the worst point and then it should get better. I was in constant contact with my pediatrician although he was on vacation he called every day to check on the symptoms and reassure me. Is the color on his leg pink or purple?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
I don't remember very clearly as it was a long time ago. Probably around 8 years ago. I think these symptoms are the worst point and then it should get better. I was in constant contact with my pediatrician although he was on vacation he called every day to check on the symptoms and reassure me. Is the color on his leg pink or purple?

It was purple from the start. It just swelled up more and he has reddish dots by his knees.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 9:22 pm
Sorry dont know about that. My son started with slight pink warm swelling on legs. Next he had reddish dots on legs looked like bites or allergic reaction. Then his legs swelled up pinkish. Afterwards it was still swollen and purple and that I was told is that the virus is starting to go. I think thats how it was but again my son is turning 15 b"h and he was about 6 or 7 when he had it so Im not sure. Best is to speak to pediatrician. Hope this helps you a little.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:04 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry dont know about that. My son started with slight pink warm swelling on legs. Next he had reddish dots on legs looked like bites or allergic reaction. Then his legs swelled up pinkish. Afterwards it was still swollen and purple and that I was told is that the virus is starting to go. I think thats how it was but again my son is turning 15 b"h and he was about 6 or 7 when he had it so Im not sure. Best is to speak to pediatrician. Hope this helps you a little.

Thanks for responding. It definitely helps me feel less alone, and that's something. Smile

We are seeing his surgeon on Wednesday, but I was wondering whether to take him to the doctor AGAIN tomorrow. None of his symptoms are new, they just look and feel worse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics