Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to remove musty smell?

OMG!

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:20 pm
I stored a bunch of coats and clothing for a couple of months, and I brought them now home with a ugly bad musty smell. Whatever was washable I washed and smell came out 90 percent. What should I do with the coats that can't be washed? And decorative pillows. I put them out in the fresh air for a day, but didn't help. Tia

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:56 pm
are you sure the coats cannot be washed ... my sister once had eggs thrown at her on halloween & the cleaners told her to soak the coat in the bathtub & hang dry

I would use baking soda on the pillows & after leaving it on overnight then I would vacuum off

for the regular clothing add 1/2 cup baking soda to the wash & vinegar

OMG!

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:00 pm
Thanks. I'll try the baking soda. One coat is fur lined. Others are dry clean. Should I just send to the cleaners??

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:49 pm
no idea if the cleaners would help with mustiness that's why I mentioned what they told my sister ... and definitely don't mess with the fur

I find cleaning chemicals too toxic & horrid smelling and don't actually clean anything ... I feel it's a nicely pressed cover up

OMG!

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:56 pm
You're so right. I'll try sprinkling some baking soda and see in the morning if did something
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry