Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
12 & still bedwetting
Previous  1  2

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 8:46 pm
My oldest wet his bed until he turned 14. He was almost six feet tall at that age. He used Depends. And if that wasn't absorbent enough he added in the extra pads that you can by separately. Looks like a thick sanitary pad.
I was so happy when he finally stopped and now DS age 6 is wetting and leaking through Good Nites and I have a feeling I'm in this for the long haul. The constant smell and laundry can drive anyone to insanity, but it's all part of life and it should be our biggest problem.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 8:46 pm
Also someone gave a shaklee regimen the lady prepared for a almost kallah and she stopped the bedwetting

MrsEsther

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
My son was on it and though it solved the bedwetting problem it created other problems :-(

My son wishes I had never given it to him.

Wow! What issues did this medicine do?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:17 pm
For my 7/8 year old my dr. Recommended
1. No drinking 2 hours before bedtime
2. Go to the bathroom 3-4 times before getting into bed, since otherwise they don't empty their bladder all the way. He used to argue but then he saw that something came out each time. ( I have 2 bathrooms near each other and I would literally send him back and forth between the 2, twice in each one)
3. For the first little while wake 2-3 hours after they fall asleep and take to the bathroom.
After about 2-3 months of doing this he was fine.
Good luck.
Hope some advice from all these posts helps!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:46 pm
Could be allergy/toxicity issue. I would suggest seeing a naturopath

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 1:19 am
Queen6 wrote:
DON"T use medication. Google Dr. Sagie - he has the bed wetting alarm that will change your life. He will hold your hand through the process.
Do it.

Change that to "Dr Sagie has the bed wetting alarm that COULD change your life"
It doesn't work for everyone, but it does have high success rates.
My 12 yr old DS used Dr Sagie's bell for 7 months with absolutely no change, till Dr Sagie told us to stop it and take a break.
2 weeks later he started being dry.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 1:49 pm
with my older kids I stopped goodnights cold turkey. put layers of sheets and plastic protectors to make nighttime changing quicker. It took about 2 months for them to start staying dry. my almost 11 year old that is fully developed has ONE accident around ONCE a week-big difference from 3 every single night.
p.s. we have tried alarms,sensors,waking them up,chiropractors,no drinking,no chocolate,no dairy, buckwheat honey and many more so called remedies...nothing worked!

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:45 am
depends r great and fit snug, buy the diapers over the pull up kind they will keep her more dry and most of all give her TLC

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:56 am
Im not the op here, but I understand her question, and no, you can not compare it to a bandaid.

a diaper for it to work and do the job it has to be put on really good, and straight etc, which is not so easy to do alone...

so yeah, if who doesn't mind you should help her at night.

good luck
FranticFrummie wrote:
Bedwetting can definitely be hereditary, especially if it goes into the older ages. Puberty usually fixes it.

OP, is there a reason why your DD cannot change her own diapers? Can she dress herself in the morning? Does she have developmental delays? Generally, if a child can put on a Bandaid for herself, then she can manage the tabs on a diaper.

I wish you lots of luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics