Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Take shape for life diet? What can you tell me?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:21 am
Of course I'm hearing amazing things about this program, as they are trying to encourage me to join Smile before I do tho, can anyone tell me any info I should know before embarking on this journey (if I decide to)? Can you tell me your success stories, and even stories of no success! I want everything u can give me abt it!! How long has it been around? Healthy in the long term? Medically approved? TIA

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:25 am
Its an MLM with "health coaches" who provide "free" coaching and sell you the medifast meals that you need to loose weight on this scam. I mean diet.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:27 am
I'm guessing you're not very fond of it, watergirl...is there a reason? Should I pm you for more info?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
I'm guessing you're not very fond of it, watergirl...is there a reason? Should I pm you for more info?
lol "pm me for more info" is their tag line on facebook. No need to pm me. Im not a fan of diet fads as MLMs. If you're wondering if it's medically approved, The best thing to do is to just ask your trust a doctor. Or post on Facebook and see what your friends will tell you about what they know about this diet. Everybody will tell you that it was great while they were on it but they were stuck to the meals which were expensive, and everybody except for their diet coaches admits that they put the weight back on as soon as they stopped buying and eating that ridiculous food.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:35 am
Ok that's all I needed, thanks Smile anyone else?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:49 am
watergirl wrote:
lol "pm me for more info" is their tag line on facebook. No need to pm me. Im not a fan of diet fads as MLMs. If you're wondering if it's medically approved, The best thing to do is to just ask your trust a doctor. Or post on Facebook and see what your friends will tell you about what they know about this diet. Everybody will tell you that it was great while they were on it but they were stuck to the meals which were expensive, and everybody except for their diet coaches admits that they put the weight back on as soon as they stopped buying and eating that ridiculous food.

What's the scam part? That people gain the weight back when they get off the diet? That's not unusual at all. That someone is making money? Also, not unusual and doesn't make it a scam. I believe the program says you should call your doctor before starting the diet because it's not for people that have stomach issues. Certainly doesn't make it a scam.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 12:21 pm
I lost 22 pounds on the diet and kept it off for over a year and counting..
It's a lifestyle change that starts with premade meals and eventually you train your body to have portion control and eat quality foods.
I liked that the meals were done so there was minimal effort on my part. The weight came off quickly so it was nice to see fast results.
Call it a scam or whatever you want but it works.

iyar

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
Of course I'm hearing amazing things about this program, as they are trying to encourage me to join Smile before I do tho, can anyone tell me any info I should know before embarking on this journey (if I decide to)? Can you tell me your success stories, and even stories of no success! I want everything u can give me abt it!! How long has it been around? Healthy in the long term? Medically approved? TIA

Deciding to go on a diet and get your weight under control is serious stuff. You want to give yourself the best shot possible at success.
Before you start this, read up on MLM's or multi-level marketing companies. There are lots of them out there and they don't all sell diets. In the olden days these were known as pyramid schemes. When you finish reading you'll understand why you got some responses calling this a scam.
I don't know anything about this particular diet. Anyone who can persuade you to ingest less calories and throw in some exercise, will get you to lose weight. The sellers are motivated to help you succeed and you'll probably hear some success stories from some people who tried it. The sellers' main motivation is of course $$$, so there's no guarantee they're selling you a healthy product or something effective in the long term.
Sometimes the actual fact of spending the money might motivate you to stick to the diet and lose some weight, but if you do your research it's likely you'll find cheaper, healthier alternatives.
If they try selling you any herbal supplements or anything with ingredients you can't pronounce or find in the produce section of your local supermarket, run the other way.
By the way that 15 minute run will burn off about an ounce of chocolate.

cm

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 1:29 pm
iyar wrote:
Before you start this, read up on MLM's or multi-level marketing companies. There are lots of them out there and they don't all sell diets. In the olden days these were known as pyramid schemes. When you finish reading you'll understand why you got some responses calling this a scam.

I have nothing to say about this diet program, other than advising general caution and good sense, but I would like to point out that there are important differences between a pyramid scheme and a legitimate multi-level marketing company: http://www.diffen.com/differen.....cheme

Anyone who wants to go into an MLM should do so with her eyes open. It's possible but not easy to be financially successful. And anyone doing business with an MLM needs to understand that the sales reps are generally satisfied customers but not necessarily professional experts on their products.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 1:40 pm
Hi there. I did the Take Shape for Life diet. Many of the foods are soy based so some say that is not so healthy for women so check with your doctor. I lost over twenty pounds on the diet very quickly but the second I went off the diet I gained it all back and more. I tried and tried to go back on it but I found myself so hungry for REAL food and not a meal replacement. For me, it really did not work and in fact it kind of ruined my relationship with food until I got myself on a good program with three REAL FOOD meals a day and fruit (you can't have fruit on TSFL) I also missed being able to eat veggies as much as I wanted. So I am much happier on the program I am now, plus it is much cheaper.
Maybe Take Shape For Life will work for you. I loved my coach she was really nice, but the program was just not for me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 2:16 pm
Once you look past the marketing tactics, the diet itself really does work. I lost 45 lbs and once I went off I spoke to a friend who is a dietician and we worked out a plan that fit my life and BH I've kept it off and feel great. My GP was actually the one who suggested I do it and I'm very happy that I did. It's pricey but if you stick with it during your time on and make a solid plan for when you go off, it really works. Highly recommend.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 3:23 pm
I know so many people who lost a lot of weight on it and some that kept it off for a long time.
I am contemplating going on it for a month just to jump start the process and then move to weight watchers.

My friend who is very sensitive to soy couldnt do medifast because of the soy but take shape for life has a limited amount of foods but it agrees with her.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 23 2017, 12:27 am
Bumping this up. Op did you try this? Did you have any success? Thank you.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 7:52 am
I went on it lost and eventually got bored of the gross food and gained it all back.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 7:58 am
cookiewriter wrote:
I went on it lost and eventually got bored of the gross food and gained it all back.

Unfortunately, this scenario is pretty common with ALL diets. Person loses weight but gets bored and finds it difficult to stay away from so many yummy foods and eventually gains the weight back.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jun 22 2017, 8:16 am
I've never done TSFL but many of my friends have. Some have been very successful, some have not. Here's the wisdom I've picked up:

1) You must drink, drink, drink. Basically, you are putting your body into ketosis so you need to pee out your fat. If you limit your water intake, you will not be as successful.

2) The pre-made meals are tools designed to make the early stages easy. The one meal a day you are initially responsible for is a learning opportunity to figure out how much and what to eat.

3) Commitment is really the key and that's true for any diet. You are no more likely to fail at TSFL than any other diet, you just have to know what works for you (I'm more of an atkins kind of gal).

4) You can't cheat on this diet (or any other type of metabolic diet) because it throws off the ketosis

5) There is a maintenance plan and if you wean yourself onto that, you have a chance to be successful

6) You can't expect to resume your regular eating habits once you lose all the weight. You need to stop eating like that forever. Daunting, isn't it? That's why I'm still fat :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise