Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Abuse by Mental Health Professionals-Did this happen to you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
I know I would need to be careful. Wouldn't it be his word against mine? How could he "prove" I lose my temper or am "angry"?

That's why she said to be careful about what you tell the marriage counselor.

It could be that your therapist knows someone who had a horror story. I don't know how many divorces have custody battles. I would think you would know what type of guy you are married to. In my case my therapist knew my ex wanted custody and she didn't tell me so all I am saying is ask her if she has info and if she doesn't than why is she frightening you. And can she give you advice instead of scaring the daylights out of you. Also just because a guy tries to get custody they are not necessarily successful. It's just not a fun battle to wage.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:
That's why she said to be careful about what you tell the marriage counselor.

It could be that your therapist knows someone who had a horror story. I don't know how many divorces have custody battles. I would think you would know what type of guy you are married to. In my case my therapist knew my ex wanted custody and she didn't tell me so all I am saying is ask her if she has info and if she doesn't than why is she frightening you. And can she give you advice instead of scaring the daylights out of you. Also just because a guy tries to get custody they are not necessarily successful. It's just not a fun battle to wage.

Thanks. Yeah, I want to go in eyes wide open, if I decide to divorce.
I'm not sure how she could have information, she only met my husband once over 6 months ago. So maybe she's heard horror stories.
I wouldn't attempt to fight for anything without a lawyer.
I got the impression from the marriage therapist that my husband is telling her I'm angry and have a temper. I told her in an individual session that I definitely do not have an anger problem. I may BE angry about certain things but I am certainly not blowing up or getting out of control.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 8:45 pm
Cnc I don't know the name of the therapist can you put up a link here? If it's still here means it's ok for me to read.

Ramom can you help me find it?can you tell me which forum it's in so I can look it up? And what year this was?

cnc

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
Cnc I don't know the name of the therapist can you put up a link here? If it's still here means it's ok for me to read.

Ramom can you help me find it?can you tell me which forum it's in so I can look it up? And what year this was?

They're locked threads- PM me .

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 9:25 pm
cnc wrote:
They're locked threads- PM me .

I believe you can link the threads even if they are locked. Please link them so that we can all protect ourselves from this person.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:32 pm
Listen I just want to read that thread. That's it. I can't use my screen name I have written stuff here that's personal. If you can help me I would appreciate it. Can someone help us out here? I'm not trying to open a new discussion about her I jaunt want to know her name. As I did know it way back when the story was fresh and there were pashkevilin then so it was common knowledge. Anyone can help us?

Just tell me which forum it's on and the name of the thread

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:42 pm
amother wrote:
I believe you can link the threads even if they are locked. Please link them so that we can all protect ourselves from this person.

All you have to do is stay away from unlicensed helpers, and you'll be protected from this person.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:44 pm
ok. I understand that. Just tell me where to look for it.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All you have to do is stay away from unlicensed helpers, and you'll be protected from this person.

Not every unlicensed therapist is ineffective. I have had one very good experience with someone unlicensed.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:
Not every unlicensed therapist is ineffective. I have had one very good experience with someone unlicensed.

I'm sorry you've had to resort to that.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:46 pm
Ok. Please help me out ramom and cnc. Just tell me and we'll be done. I really don't want to waste everyone's time now.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:47 pm
Ramom what's the reason your avoiding to help me?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:49 pm
How would a name help you?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:51 pm
I just want to read the thread they have on this story as I happen to know the family. Can you tell me where to find the thread? I will look it up myself. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 10:53 pm
All I have is a name. You seem to already know who it is so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. I don't know of any threads.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 11:00 pm
I know the family and somewhat of the story but I forgot the name of the therapist, it was and is something I'd like to read on. Can you just put her name down?

Cnc can you tell me where to find it please?

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 11:34 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=40

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 11:34 pm
Ramom, do you remember which year it happened?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 11:19 am
thank you wine amother!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 1:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
cnc, I heard she may still be seeing clients in the down low. I hope it's not true.
And I hope to God that people are more sane than to hire her and put their lives in her hands.

why would anyone go to this lady if there were signs about her harm all over boro park??
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics