Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
One of the things I admire about Ivanka Trump
1  2  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:39 pm
Is her close relationship with her non Jewish family. May all of our tribe learn from this.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:44 pm
And I was under the impression that a ger/giyores has to more or less cut off relationship with imediate birth family... correct me if im wrong...

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
And I was under the impression that a ger/giyores has to more or less cut off relationship with imediate birth family... correct me if im wrong...

NO!! They are not halachicaly family anymore, but they can still love and have a connection with them! Spend time, respect, enjoy each other!

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:57 pm
I'd have a relationship with just about anyone that can throw millions my way....

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:

Puke

What did I just read?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:01 pm
Wow, not one positive post in response to the OP? Sad

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Wow, not one positive post in response to the OP? Sad

Not fair I took maroons post to be positive, but I've been seeing the glass half full all day today. Very Happy

little_mage

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:

That doesn't seem to be the general policy anymore. DH is a ger, and we still have a great relationship with his parents, in some ways, it's better then the one we have with mine. That isn't to say there isn't occasional friction, but that's pretty much true of any relationship; if religion wasn't an issue (and to be fair, it isn't really), it would be something else...

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:

What?! Why would you think that? We had a relationship with my non Jewish relatives. My grandparents sent us Birthday money and Chanukah gifts. They visited us and we spoke a lot on the phone. Just when they passed away my father didn't sit shiva.

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:26 pm
Enough with this! Just stop posting about Ivanka, whether for good or bad. Just stop talking! No good is going to come out of this. I'm sure this thread will unravel into negative as well. Silence is golden.

(Now I'm off to take my own advice Twisted Evil )

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:37 pm
octopus wrote:
Enough with this! Just stop posting about Ivanka, whether for good or bad. Just stop talking! No good is going to come out of this. I'm sure this thread will unravel into negative as well. Silence is golden.

(Now I'm off to take my own advice Twisted Evil )

In light of all the negatives posted here I thought this would be a timely post. Feel free to ignore it.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:00 pm
Imamothers--MagentaYenta is going high here. She deserves a lot of credit.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:

*leaps off the couch in panic in the middle of the movie*

"MOM! I can't hang out with you anymore!"

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:31 pm
She balances a high powered career with raising a beautiful orthodox family and is always graceful and beautiful.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:42 pm
Bizzydizzy and beige another, not only is a ger permitted to maintain a relationship with his birth family, but if he wishes to sit shiva for them he is permitted to do so even though he has no halachik obligation.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:02 pm
Her height!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:09 pm
Her commitment to Torah and mitzvos and her derech, despite all the criticism of the public.
How she carries herself with a lot of grace.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:59 pm
I admire her as a "girlboss". True, she definitely had advantage when starting her business but it is clear that she herself is ambitious and has great work ethic. At the same time I appreciate her struggle to balance her work and family.

Water Stones

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:00 am
I told my dh about ladies talking about Ivanka and he told me "let her have peace to find her way." I admire her for doing her steps for to making a Jewish home and family!

essie14

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:19 am
amother wrote:
She balances a high powered career with raising a beautiful orthodox family and is always graceful and beautiful.

Agreed!
I have several friends who are converts and they all maintain wonderful relationships with their non Jewish family. It's a true Kiddush hashem.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics