Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
One of the things I admire about Ivanka Trump
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 3:16 pm
There has been discussion in the past about the ger family situation in the geirim forum. While some have received that guidance, most people have not and found it shocking. It seems to depend on the hashkafa of your conversion rabbi.

I admire Ivanka Trump's poise and excellent speaking skills. She obviously puts a lot of thought into her words (even impromptu), practices her skills, and speaks clearly without many "ums" or corrections. I wish I were at that level!

I'll try to say this carefully: regardless of what you think of what she says, she does a good job in terms of speaking ability and grace when defending her father.

Her outfits may not always be the definition of everyone's understanding of tzniut, but her professional dress is admirably pulled together, classy, and fashionable without being too trendy. On a more superficial level, I'd love to be able to rock sleeveless dresses like she does. Smile She doesn't have muscly arms, but the look does flatter her.

Overall, while I do not admire the Trump family or agree with the vast majority of our new President's policies, I think she is a good role model for young women in how to comport oneself and think about how to balance family and professional life. Obviously her money gives her many advantages that most of us do not have, but despite that she has many admirable qualities even if some are lacking.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 8:16 am
little_mage wrote:
That doesn't seem to be the general policy anymore. DH is a ger, and we still have a great relationship with his parents, in some ways, it's better then the one we have with mine. That isn't to say there isn't occasional friction, but that's pretty much true of any relationship; if religion wasn't an issue (and to be fair, it isn't really), it would be something else...

I know many non FFBs who are where they are not in spite of their families but because of them, in ways like middos, encouraging growth, etc. That's something I'd be honored to give over to my children, along with some relationship within halachic and healthy boundaries.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics