Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Questions about upcoming trip to israel

frumPA

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:26 pm
Hi, I will iyh be going to israel for a few days. I have three little kids ages 6,4,1.5. I was wondering what your opinion is if I should consider schlepping and going to the kosel friday night? It will be a walk and make it later to bed and I would have to spend more on an apartment. Do you think its worthwhile and my kids will enjoy the experience or not really? Also was wondering which zoo is better the one near tel aviv or the one in yerushalayim? Also my husband would love to go to tzefas and meron but I feel like its much too long a drive and goigg from kever to kever will be vwry boring for the kids. Anyone have experience with this? Should we skip it? Or is there any kid fun trips in that area we can split the day with? And any ideas of places I should go my kids would enjoy? Thanks in advance for all your advice!

bookie

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:28 pm
Your kids are probably going to be tired and jet lagged, I am not sure its worth it to shlep to the kotel with them. I also would not take kids to kevarim. Sorry I cant give you any suggestions.

London wife

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:03 pm
Wrong idea to take them to kosel by walk (especially if its far from where youre staying)
Leave out kevarim - maybe Kever Rachel would be interesting for the older ones, since they just learnt about it in the parsha, so they can relate to it.
The zoo in Jerusalem is absolutely great- the kids will live it ( pray for dry weather!)

Teomima

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:26 pm
There are tons of kid friendly activities in Jerusalem, and plenty in tsfat...keverim are not one of them. Nor is a long, late schlep. I'd reconsider your itinerary if you're aim in a child-friendly trip.

But if you're looking for specific enjoyable experiences to break up the day between "boring" activities in Tsfat, I'd say check out what they're known for: candle and cheese making. There's factory tours the (bigger) kids might enjoy.

As for the kotel and kids, go during the day and leave time to walk around the Old City. For kids, the kotel is basically just a big boring wall. But in other parts there are more exciting things to see, like ruins! Tunnels! Ancient roads! Palaces! Ramparts! Pizza!

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:22 am
We took little kids. It involved a double stroller and a single stroller and a bigger kid riding.
It's really nice, but kids don't just daven.
Don't skip kevarim if it's important to your husband, but find something for the kids. You can spend a full day going kever hopping.

Both zoos are good. Ramat Gan has a Safari.

essie14

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:33 am
The Jerusalem zoo is GREAT. There's also the biblical museum of natural history.
http://www.biblicalnaturalhistory.org/
I agree about the kotel Friday night. It's not the exciting for kids. And especially at this time of year it could be very chilly and the walk back is not that fun.
Skip tzfat and meron, IMO.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 2:09 am
Maybe you could go to the Kotel on a weekday morning and then follow up with some sightseeing in the Old City? Ir David is interesting.

Outside of the Old City, across from the Biblical Zoo (which is great, BTW), is Ein Yael.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics