Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How can Trump be so stupid?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:14 am
I voted for Trump and I don't regret it. That being said, how does he not realize that it makes him look incredibly unpresidential, and in fact cartoonish, when he sends his press secretary out there to vehemently argue about whose inaugural crowd was bigger? First of all, the pictures seem to clearly indicate that Obama had a bigger crowd. But either way, it just makes him look like a clown that he is so adamant about straightening this "crisis" out and demonstrating that he is the more popular president who draws bigger crowds. I find this debate to be very 5th gradish and only serves to continue the criticism/mockery of him.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:24 am
This is exactly what the anti Trump people were saying months ago, but the Trump supporters were very blinded and just kept defending him. He was acting like a child for months and now people are waking up and seeing it. He might be a good president with good policies, but he actions are very childish, this is nothing new.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
This is exactly what the anti Trump people were saying months ago, but the Trump supporters were very blinded and just kept defending him. He was acting like a child for months and now people are waking up and seeing it. He might be a good president with good policies, but he actions are very childish, this is nothing new.

It goes beyond childish to personality disordered.

The man unravels every time he is criticized, negated, snubbed, or ridiculed. It stopped being funny a long time ago.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:37 am
That is because he is a clown!!!! Director

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:01 am
It turns out that if you include online views probably more people watched his inauguration than before. Also, the photo they're showing was taken before the event started. So I don't know if he's right.

He's trying to establish that people need to decide whether to trust him or the media.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:16 am
ectomorph wrote:
It turns out that if you include online views probably more people watched his inauguration than before. Also, the photo they're showing was taken before the event started. So I don't know if he's right.

He's trying to establish that people need to decide whether to trust him or the media.

If he would only include some facts, we could have a reasonable discussion.

For example, are there any photos of the events in progress?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:22 am
youngishbear wrote:

that's the million dollar question.

The issue is also angle... You can make a crowd look bigger or smaller by changing the angle slightly, and his argument is that a. The picture was taken before everyone was there and b. If taken at the same time as the one they show of Obama, in a different angle. And indeed, the one from Obama is taken at a lower angle.

It would be quite easy for the media to prove they are correct by providing time stamped similarly angled pics during the actual swearing in, for instance.

Instead they are quoting "crowd scientists" which leads me to believe there is an ounce of truth in what Trump is saying.

A time stamped picture from the exact same angle would be worth a thousand words.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:25 am
youngishbear wrote:

The point is that its irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if only 3 people showed up for the inauguration. He is the President.

Yet he continues to react in a petulant manner to any suggestion that he is not the most popular, smartest president ever. Although IT DOESN'T MATTER. He was elected. He gets the next 4 years.

The Week (IIRC) did an interesting article on this, but I can't find it.

Or maybe it is more calculated than that. Maybe he's starting small. Don't believe your eyes. Believe me. Before he goes on to bigger and bigger lies.

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:37 am
SixOfWands wrote:

It doesn't matter if only 3 people showed up for the inauguration. He is the President.

Yet he continues to react in a petulant manner to any suggestion that he is not the most popular, smartest president ever. Although IT DOESN'T MATTER. He was elected. He gets the next 4 years.

Or maybe it is more calculated than that. Maybe he's starting small. Don't believe your eyes. Believe me. Before he goes on to bigger and bigger lies.

The point is not the crowd size, it's the lies and hypocrisy of the media.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:40 am
SixOfWands wrote:

This.
I started laughing when I watched the clip of him saying how we did it and that people that weren't nice to him even congratulated him.

Seriously, grow up. Forget about acting your age, act your position! Act like a dignified mature president.

ectomorph

SixOfWands wrote:

It matters in terms of the media trying to delegitimize him.

It's part of a bigger picture where the Media makes him seem like a marginalized president who no one wants.

It's not about the crowd size, it's about the attitude.

Same way the birth certificate stuff was nonsense but upset Obama because it questioned his American-ness. Except that the media didn't jump on the bandwagon.

amother
Pearl

I dislike the media almost as much as I dislike Hillary. All of his child like behavior is worth not having a clinton in the whitehouse.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:42 am
gold21 wrote:

We all know that the media's middle names are lies and hypocrisy, but the POTUS should not be lowering himself to a petty level and arguing like a seven year old child to prove them wrong.
Some self dignity is in order.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:51 am
gold21 wrote:

How did the media lie about the turnout at the inauguration?

What "alternative facts" are there supporting the contention that more people were there than were at Obama's inauguration?

Trump's saying it doesn't make it so.

A less thin-skinned man wouldn't have cared. Or would have spun it ... the weather was bad (it was). His supporters were not the elite who could afford to jet off to DC, pay for hotels and balls and whatever; they're the people from the center of the country who are just holding on.

I honestly don't know if I should laugh at the whole thing, or be scared.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:53 am
He has always sold himself on being 'the greatest...' whatever it is he's selling. Fine. Sales pitch. The problem is he goes batshit crazy when 'media' points out that factually - umm no. He just needs to stop with the egoism- he's been elected, campaigning for a second term can wait.

and if his goal to to create a nation of people who trust only words spoken to them directly by the sovereign... yikes.

moonstone

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
I dislike the media almost as much as I dislike Hillary. All of his child like behavior is worth not having a clinton in the whitehouse.

True, I hope the Clintons finally fade into obscurity where they belong. Did anyone see the video clip of Willie salivating over Melania (or maybe it was Ivanka, not sure) and Hillary gave him such a LOOK! It was hysterical. He still likes the ladies, that's for sure!

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:25 pm
Trump is not stupid. He is Machiavellian.

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
How did the media lie about the turnout at the inauguration?

What "alternative facts" are there supporting the contention that more people were there than were at Obama's inauguration?

Trump's saying it doesn't make it so.

A less thin-skinned man wouldn't have cared. Or would have spun it ... the weather was bad (it was). His supporters were not the elite who could afford to jet off to DC, pay for hotels and balls and whatever; they're the people from the center of the country who are just holding on.

I honestly don't know if I should laugh at the whole thing, or be scared.

There is nobody that by saying it can make it so.

I don't follow anyone's spin just because of the person who spun it. Not the media, not Trump. Not Rebbetzin Hoffenplotz, not Meryl Streep. Not Rush Limbaugh, not Stephen Colbert. I just enjoy watching Trump hit back at the media. I get it, it's unpresidential, but I enjoy it anyway, for kicks I guess.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:38 pm
gold21 wrote:
There is nobody that by saying it can make it so.

I don't follow anyone's spin just because of the person who spun it. Not the media, not Trump. Not Rebbetzin Hoffenplotz, not Meryl Streep. Not Rush Limbaugh, not Stephen Colbert. I just enjoy watching Trump hit back at the media. I get it, it's unpresidential, but I enjoy it anyway, for kicks I guess.

Ahh yes, I totally understand what you're saying. Similar to the people that said they're voting for Trump because he's great entertainment.
My thoughts were ..help, this is an election for a President, not for a talk show host.

But I have to agree with you , he certainly is entertaining! Now I hope the next four years will not be a circus.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:39 pm
Trump is a lot of things - manipulative, egotistical...the list goes on...but he ain't stupid. As time goes on, I'm starting to think he's actually a genius. He engineered a viral campaign that everyone bought into, hook line and sinker. He started backtracking on many of the crazy promises he made the second he won - now he's saying vaguely that he'll need to discuss it with his advisors or whatever.

He figured out that in the internet age, the crazy viral person wins. And he was right. I think he goes to bed every night laughing hysterically at how gullible America is - both sides of America. The Americans who'd believe crazy promises and a meaningless slogan like "make America great again" are gullible. The Americans who didn't believe but jumped onto every crazy promise and stupid thing he said, thereby promoting his viral campaign, are even more gullible. He figured out how to play us and I'm convinced it was all planned and he's a manipulative genius.

I strongly disliked him during his campaign and didn't vote for him because I bought into it too. However if he continues with this about face he may end up actually being a pretty good president. It's gonna be tricky to figure out when he's being real and when he's being manipulative though. The about face he's apparently made could be the real him or it could be more manipulation. Who knows.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics