Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Best American Girl Knockoff?

misteray

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:25 pm
My 6 year old earned a prize and wants an AG doll, but definitely not spending that kind of money on a doll- no matter the reason! I had gotten Target's knockoff and out of the box the hair was falling out then got insanely tangled- I returned it.

What is the next best knock off American Girl Doll? I would rather not spend more than $40... And can you please list pros and cons?

Thanks!

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:49 pm
I like the Toys4u version.

maidale

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:50 pm
I got my daughter the NY doll. I think it's a pretty good imitation of the original and also has a ton of accessories that you can buy later like clothes, shoes, strollers, etc. I paid $30 around chanuka time, I think they had a promotion then, but I don't think it's a lot more than that. I think they have a website too. Google it!

mary6

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:00 pm
http://www.ogdolls.com
I got my dd an our generation doll.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:12 pm
We have an AG doll (I didn't buy) and a Target doll. I"m actually very happy with the target doll and my girls are happy playing with either (they don't really know that the AG doll is 'special')

I"ve heard good things about the Toys 4 u doll but never seen it - I heard the hair is nicer than the target doll.

zohar

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:16 pm
I got my daughter the journey girls from toys r us. 40$ great quality, great hair and adorable face. The body is a bit narrower than the American girl doll.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 4:51 pm
sky wrote:
We have an AG doll (I didn't buy) and a Target doll. I"m actually very happy with the target doll and my girls are happy playing with either (they don't really know that the AG doll is 'special')

I"ve heard good things about the Toys 4 u doll but never seen it - I heard the hair is nicer than the target doll.

We have both as well. Our Generation from Target was every bit as good quality as the expensive brand. OP, you might just have gotten a lemon. I'd try again, as we've had no trouble with them, and DD is VERY hard on her toys, and shares them with the whole neighborhood.

There is a slight difference in the bodies. AG clothes will fit OG dolls, but the Target OG clothes are just a tiny bit too small for AG.

githen03

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 4:57 pm
There are some really nice Madame Alexander 18 inch dolls out there, and they are usually good quality. The one my daughter has is very pretty. A lot of them are more than $40, but there are some in the $30-40 range.

https://www.madamealexander.co.....price

There are also a few on Amazon in your price range, including a cute Cinderella doll for $30 (which I just bought to save for a future gift Very Happy ....it's a pretty good price).

Sleep

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 5:27 pm
The Toys 4 U doll is the New York Doll. It is their brand. We have an a NY doll and an AG one. Suprisingly, the hair seems nicer on the NY one and my daughter ends up playing with it more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars