Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum Contagiosum DOWN THERE!! HELLLPPPPP!!!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 10:24 am
my son has molluscum on his arms. he only had two that I was trying to treat with duct tape for a few months but it didn't go away. yesterday I noticed two big blisters on his b@lls. and a light rash on top inner thighs. I am freaking out. what can this be from??? please help a mother in terror.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 10:29 am
It could be a yeast rash, in any case, calm down it doesn't sound dangerous. Smear some nystatin cream on it (anti-fungal for yeast) and if it doesn't clear in 2 days you can show a doctor. The blisters are probably molloscum though. He has the virus in his body and it can pop up anywhere.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 11:15 am
I already made an appointment at dr. for later tonight.
so you don't think it's from someone Chas V'shalom touching him inappropriately? I sent him to school and I'm scared that I shouldn't have.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 11:45 am
If he already had it in other places on his body then he probably just infected himself. Perhaps from his own towel, or from scratching the moluscum and then touching himself there.
Perhaps the rash is eczema - molluscum can trigger this, from experience.

das

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 12:18 pm
It's fairly common to get molloscum down there--it comes from infected child sitting in baths. Children with molloscum should shower.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 12:20 pm
that makes sense, Das. what else can I do to prevent the spread of this?

das

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 12:22 pm
benzoyl peroxide daily on each one. wash all towels in hot water after a single use. disinfect shower.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 12:34 pm
You can't really prevent it from spreading on his body. The virus is inside him and will come out as blisters on the skin. Just keep his immune system strong, lots of fruits and vegetables, sleep well, a lot of vitamin C daily, multivitamin etc and wait for the virus to pass, it can sometimes take months.
Good luck
Das' advice is great but I think it's more for preventing it from spreading to other people in household.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:02 pm
wouldnt bactroban cream help it?

egam

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:
wouldnt bactroban cream help it?

Not for molluscum, it's a viral infection. I found tea tree oil to be very helpful. But ask a doctor if it's safe to use in that area. My son had it on his legs.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 8:02 pm
all mollescum dots start off as tiny pimples and grow until they 'pop' or go away. They also have a little indentation in the middle and as they get big there is a noticeable white substance inside the pimple. is this what it looks like?
you say that the dots "down there" are big already. is it possible that you didn't notice them until now? or is it something else?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 8:19 pm
OP my kids have been diagnosed with strep a couple of times when they had pimples on their privates. It is most likely the mulloscom but it can be strep or yeast too. No need to freak out, they can each be healed .

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 8:37 pm
My daughter had molescum in that exact spot.... Over a hundred of them. I tried every possible suggestion and nothing worked. Do not bathe kids together or use the same towels.

Miri1

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 9:55 pm
My doc told me to shower (not bathe) the infected kid last, she felt that as long as a day passed before the next bath there was no need to scrub the bathtub after he used it.

He got a fresh towel every time.
Also, my son didn't wear shorts while it was on his legs, to avoid one leg catching from the other.
The virus is in the body, but a new patch of skin can break out as a result of contact with moluscum.

Ultimately it was the treatment at the dermatologist that precipitated a conclusion to a long infection, along with vigilance from contact with moluscum on his body.

Once they are all red and blown up, they are near their end, by the way.

But, you should definitely check out the sores on his genitals, to be sure this is what it is.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 12:14 am
There's product called zymaderm which was the only thing that helped us get rid of it. You can buy it in Walgreens. My son still has it, but once we started using this product they all started drying up and slowly going away bh. It's definitely worth a shot.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 9:31 am
thank you for all responses. I stopped bathing kids together when he got the pimples on his arm. doctor said it's probably that he touched the pimple on his arm and then touched down there. thing is the pimples don't look alike at all. on genitals they are big and blown up and clear while on his arm they are smaller and white/red. can it still be the same thing?

how did this happen to him? my children bathe daily and never share towels. he changes underwear daily, idk what I did wrong.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 9:50 am
He could have picked it up from the toilet seat at school or anywhere else. You are not at fault.

Miri1

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
thank you for all responses. I stopped bathing kids together when he got the pimples on his arm. doctor said it's probably that he touched the pimple on his arm and then touched down there. thing is the pimples don't look alike at all. on genitals they are big and blown up and clear while on his arm they are smaller and white/red. can it still be the same thing?

how did this happen to him? my children bathe daily and never share towels. he changes underwear daily, idk what I did wrong

Some kids just have a different reaction. One of my kids had a much more contained response, while for the other it triggered an eczema response. Many kids get it in the genital area, and it has nothing to do with their mothers! He probably scratched a wart right before going to the bathroom, or something.

You probably don't want to treat the ones in the genital area as it is a strong chemical in delicate area, but I would go to a dermatologist to treat the others, and then be very careful to allow minimal cross infection. Hopefully it will pass quickly when he has less of the warts to for him to cross infect.

There is also a homeopathic remedy or tincture call Thuja. I don't know dosage specifics, but look into it, it may resolve the infection quicker (weeks, as opposed to months).

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
My daughter had molescum in that exact spot.... Over a hundred of them. I tried every possible suggestion and nothing worked. Do not bathe kids together or use the same towels.

How is that possible? She said her son has it on his testicles. Girls don't have that part.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics