Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Bar mitzva HELP!!! ISO recipes

abound

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 11:20 am
I need to prepare cookies, miniatures, salads, and cakes..............
Anything that can go on a sweet table for a Bar Mitzva come and go.
Please help me with recipes!!!!!!!
Thanks a million

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 11:33 am
Abound, are you catering your son's bar mitzva by your self? thats really cool, and really brave! Good for you! I have four boys, and I totally want to make thier bar mitzva's on my own (we've got a few years till the first!)

One thing I saw at a recent bar mitzva kiddush that was so fun was an ice cream bar. Dont need to cook anything, and its really easy to set up, and all the kids loved it. There was a few tubs of icecream (and a waiter doing the scooping) and loads of toppings. So fun!

Not sure if this is for shabbos or a weekday, but another thing I saw that looked really yummy was trays of warm cookies (kept warm over sterno burners, and loads of different flavors- chocolet chip, white chip macadamia nut, pumpkin, penut butter), a big selection of different frostings (chocolet fudge, mashmellow cream, I think there was lemon cream, butter cream frosting) and sprinkle type stuff to make gormet 'sandwhich cookies.' Looked so cool!

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 11:47 am
Tranquility and Peace had a thread about this a few years ago. She made adorable teffilin brownie miniatures. They were clever and looked simple.

abound

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 12:31 pm
Thanks to both. The ice cream and cookie ideas sound fun, but way too overwhelming for me...I'll think about it!
I will check the tefillin miniatures sounds nice.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:44 pm
Some easy ideas may be:

Finely diced fruit in clear miniature cups with mini spoons. You can have a few rows with different color diced melons for a nice presentation.

Chocolate covered marshmallow cubes glued (with corn syrup) to chocolate covered square graham cookies (both store bought) to make tefillin miniatures. You can add a white chocolate shin letter on top (made with chocolate molds) if you so choose.

Peanut chews which are no bake. You can use a small round cookie cutter to cut out nice shapes and arrange on platter as individual miniatures. Drizzle with splatters of melted chocolate so they're pretty.

Miniature trifle cups with layers of cake crumbs and cream, not much baking involved. I hear these can be frozen ahead of time.

For salads, prepare dressings a few days to 1 week before and store in containers in the fridge. Cut the vegetables the day before and store each vegetable separately so they stay crisp. Ready checked and washed bags of lettuce come in handy here. As does grape tomatoes which can be used whole or just halved. Mushrooms may be bought ready sliced. Dressings can be drizzled on top of the bowls of salads right at start of the event. Make enough to be able to refill the bowls halfway through the event as salads go quickly.

Some salad ideas may be:

Nish Nosh salad
Portobello mushroom salad
Creamy garlic salad

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:57 pm
I saw by someone rectangle plain sugar cookies with chocolate tefillin molds on them, with some chocolate drizzled across the cookie. I was told it was very easy to make.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 3:03 pm
abound wrote:
I need to prepare cookies, miniatures, salads, and cakes..............
Anything that can go on a sweet table for a Bar Mitzva come and go.
Please help me with recipes!!!!!!!
Thanks a million

Lemon cake

Marble/sponge cake

Rugalech/ kipelach
Parve cheese cake , I did it in mini pie crusts

Kokosh cake

Pillow puffs( flaky dough squares baked then fill with a mixture of whipped topping whipped up, instant vanilla pudding and vanilla custard, drizzle tops with baking chocolate)

Connollis, but ready connolli rolls dip ends in melted baking chocolate then quickly dip into nut crunch. Let dry then fill with same filling as the pillow puffs.

Chocolate cake with cream

Different types of cookies, chocolate chip, almond cookies, chocolate vanilla chip cookies, crinkle cookies etc.

Melt crunchy peanut butter and baking chocolate together pour into molds. I did it in squares that said Bar Mitzvah in Hebrew on it. It was yum

Salads:
Pasta salad
Caesar salad you can add cold cuts
Purple cabbage salad
Broccoli Craisin salad

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 3:20 pm
Big fat chewy choc chip cookies from allrecipes.com.
lemon pie - can do in mini pie crusts. Super easy recipe. Mix 16 oz pareve whip, 1 cup sugar, 8 eggs and half a cup lemon juice for a minute until combined. (I use a stick blender) pour into 2 big graham cracker crusts and bake for 30 minutes until just starting to brown. You can freeze.
if milchig cheesecake
muffins or cupcakes.
brownies

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 3:59 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

Here's t and ps ideas that she made

abound

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 11:09 am
thank you all so much! I really better get to work........

UnFarvosNischt

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 4:21 pm
Pigs in blankets
Smoked salmon rogelachs
Deli rogelachs
Pizza rolls
Only few ingredients, so easy and delicious Smile

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 5:14 pm
Super easy and looks great: bake cupcakes in mini muffin tins. Turn them upside down and frost or glaze them upside down (or decorate further). Somehow the upside down shape makes them look fancy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins