Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Nanny cam

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:18 pm
Do any of you have recommendations for nanny cams? My daughter recently started crying when she sees the babysitter and I'm nervous that something may be going on. I would love something that can connect to my phone so I can watch while I'm at work, but I'm open to all suggestions. Audio is a plus. (yes, its legal in my state)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:30 pm
Ooh such a smart move. You can contact someone to put in professionally.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:40 pm
Who does it professionally?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:57 pm
Get Arlo cameras from Amazon. They work on wifi and battery, and installation takes 5 seconds. There is an app to view on your phone, or you can log in from a computer. I have one in every room the babysitter will be in, and hallways.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 7:07 pm
We like the Nest cameras. Just plug in and watch from your phone.

Although personally I'm not comfortable with the idea of watching without their knowledge, and always inform our babysitters that there's a camera in the room and I may be watching.

rosebunch

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 8:08 pm
I second the nest cameras as you also have the option of paying additional per month for audio/visual recordings which save for 1 week.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:20 am
just wanted to point out that baby could just be crying b/c you're leaving?
mother knows best of course I'm just saying.
I find in my experience that its enough to say 'we've had bad experiences in the past so now we have nanny cams.' babysitter will be attentive and kind. I remember when I was a teenager I found out the family that hired me had nanny cams AFTER I BABYSAT and I was mortified. after I had put the kids to bed, I sat on the couch picking my nose. euch even now I'm still embarrassed!

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:24 am
Ouch, they should have told you. Remember in this day and age you never know who's watching you. Usa is notorious for that. There are cameras practically everywhere.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:59 am
Vimtag available on amazon are really good and not bad price either.
Best part is (and I accidentally found out) that it is run by Jewish people and their customer service is amazing.

et27

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:07 am
I have vimtag too and I use it from my cellphone all the time. It makes me comfortable to know that I can see my child whenever I want and be sure that he is safe and in good hands. I'm actually so impressed with my babysitter because I have the ability to see her at work and she's amazing with my son. I did mention it to her when I initially interviewed her and I have it in a very obvious spot, but I have never mentioned it to her since then.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
Do any of you have recommendations for nanny cams? My daughter recently started crying when she sees the babysitter and I'm nervous that something may be going on. I would love something that can connect to my phone so I can watch while I'm at work, but I'm open to all suggestions. Audio is a plus. (yes, its legal in my state)

Bumping up this thread becauae I want to inquire in one.
Just curious...this is something that could not be legal???? Never even thought of that. In which states is it illegal???

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 11:58 am
Anybody?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics