Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Please consider..

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 9:58 pm
Please be aware of others, of others feelings, don't be selfish, remember about manners. There might be somebody you know, a neighbor or somebody in shul that may need a hello, a thank you, a welcoming smile. Don't ignore!
I know you are busy, I am too.
Unfortunately. I dont have family close by to spend shabbos, yom tov or a birthday. I would love if you dont ignore me just a hello in return can make my day, thank you

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:12 am
This is the thing. Even if someone has family nearby they may need a hello, or welcoming smile and not be ignored! I have family and still feel lonely.

It almost feels like, ok you have family you are ok. No! I still feel isolated even though I have family. I don't keep up too much with mine.

Why can't we just be nice to everyone?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 3:59 pm
amother wrote:
This is the thing. Even if someone has family nearby they may need a hello, or welcoming smile and not be ignored! I have family and still feel lonely.

It almost feels like, ok you have family you are ok. No! I still feel isolated even though I have family. I don't keep up too much with mine.

Why can't we just be nice to everyone?

You are right!
Just some people asume that we all have someone and its not the case.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 4:05 pm
It does say in Pirkei Avos "V'Hevei Mekabel es Kol HaAdom B'sever Panim Yafos" - receive all people with a pleasant countenance.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
Please be aware of others, of others feelings, don't be selfish, remember about manners. There might be somebody you know, a neighbor or somebody in shul that may need a hello, a thank you, a welcoming smile. Don't ignore!
I know you are busy, I am too.
Unfortunately. I dont have family close by to spend shabbos, yom tov or a birthday. I would love if you dont ignore me just a hello in return can make my day, thank you

...And don't look at me like I just landed from Mars, I did actually just smile and greet you. It's ok to say "hello" back. I don't bite!

sourstix

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 4:56 pm
I had such a neighbor. I still wonder what she was thinking when I greeted her. And she didn't answer. So I stopped greeting her. It's her loss, I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 6:32 pm
I stopped going to shul. Tired of making small talk with ppl who don't seem to need my friendship.
Interestingly, I'm finding my role to be more supportive. I stopped wondering why no one invites me for a meal, and I'm busy hosting single moms.
In the mean time a neighbor who I thought of as well connected reached out to me.
I'm sorry op, I don't think ppl realize how much they can make a difference by showing a little warmth.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 8:48 pm
Please take what I'm about to say as an explanation, not an excuse.
I am one of those people who can never remember anyone's name or who they are. If you say hello I will answer back, but I've been told that I've ignored some. Believe me, it wasn't on purpose. I think my hearing isn't 100%. Recently, as I was walking on a street,I heard a lady say right behind my back " and she never says hello". I recognized my neighbor's voice. Well, I was walking from work, tires and having something on my mind, I wasn't looking around. No, I didn't turn around because I was both emberesed and annoyed.
Please forgive us apsent minded people, and I hope the people in your shul just don't realize that others (you) are being hert

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:53 pm
sourstix wrote:
I had such a neighbor. I still wonder what she was thinking when I greeted her. And she didn't answer. So I stopped greeting her. It's her loss, I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

I have such a neighbor also. She wouldn't say good Shabbos for years. It turns out that she has social anxiety.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics