Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Free stuff to do for kids, lakewood/toms river area

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:56 am
lakewood moms here, what is there free or cheap to do, indoors, near lakewood/toms river area. close to the garden state parkway?

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:54 pm
Bump

Or even something cheap?

bargainlover

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:56 pm
Tom's river library

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 1:22 pm
Jakes Branch County Park has a free lookout tower and small nature center and theyre open till 4 daily! Right off exit 80 of the parkway. Just stay in the leftmost lane as you exit and turn left at the stopsign.

lkwdmom2

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 1:23 pm
there's a new pottery place near amazing savings that's not too expensive. there's bowling on Locust st. I don't know how old your kids are but we just went to chuck e cheese on sunday and it was only $10 for 2 hours. iscream kids is pretty expensive $10 a kid if you have a bunch of kids it adds up. there's a bug museum insectropolis in toms river that's not too expensive. skyzone is expensive.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 3:14 pm
You can sometimes find groupon deals for places like Skyzone or Bounce-U.

Yay chuck-e-cheese. I love it. I take DD with 3 friends, they have a ball for about $5 each, and they each come with their cup for drinks. I get to sit and relax, and I don't even have to drive somewhere far.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 3:44 pm
indoor winter is hard - what ages?

https://www.monmouthcountypark.....=2635
HuberWoods Environment Center has a very nice small hands on museum for young children. They also have safari knapsacks with outdoor activities and a small trail for toddlers.

Manasquan resevoir also has a nature center that is closer.

Chuckie Cheese
Petco - see fish and watch the dogs get groomed.
Barnes and Nobles - has small train set
There is a shopping center on route 70 and Cederbridge that has a Petco, Barnes and Nobles and Chuckie Cheese and is good for a little of each activity.

Jenkins Boardwalk archades - skeeball kept my kids busy for a long time and then we bundle up for a walk on the boardwalk.
There is also an aquarium there but I find it too small and too expensive to be worth it - but January has 1/2 price days that make it more reasonable.

Trenton Planetarium (further)

Bowling

insecterium in Toms River

Freehold mall - there is a todder play area (very small) and the carousel.

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:11 pm
Tx all. Donna Google those places Smile

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:13 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Tom's river library

Are they open Sunday and what else is there besides just reading books? I know some have activities

fraimal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:33 pm
toms river library is open on sundays from 1-5 sep- may. Its a great library! Tons of Books! Personally I find Lakewood and Brick branches a complete waste of time because they literally never have any of the regular series children's books (Curious George, Berenstein Bears, Clifford, Dora ect) except the Secular Holiday books (x-mas, Easter, Valentines Day ect).

See sched in link below
http://connect.theoceancountyl...../?I=2

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:40 pm
sky wrote:
indoor winter is hard - what ages?

https://www.monmouthcountypark.....=2635
HuberWoods Environment Center has a very nice small hands on museum for young children. They also have safari knapsacks with outdoor activities and a small trail for toddlers.

Manasquan resevoir also has a nature center that is closer.

Chuckie Cheese
Petco - see fish and watch the dogs get groomed.
Barnes and Nobles - has small train set
There is a shopping center on route 70 and Cederbridge that has a Petco, Barnes and Nobles and Chuckie Cheese and is good for a little of each activity.

Jenkins Boardwalk archades - skeeball kept my kids busy for a long time and then we bundle up for a walk on the boardwalk.
There is also an aquarium there but I find it too small and too expensive to be worth it - but January has 1/2 price days that make it more reasonable.

Trenton Planetarium (further)

Bowling

insecterium in Toms River

Freehold mall - there is a todder play area (very small) and the carousel.

Is HuberWoods Environment Center free?

cb

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:45 pm
Next question is there any peddle beach between Tom's River and Atlantic city for those who want to get close to the waves, water but not in the mood of the sand

sky

Post Fri, Jan 27 2017, 9:22 am
cb wrote:
Is HuberWoods Environment Center free?

yes. For the safari knapsack they just hold your license until you come back.

cb

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 8:05 am
Are there any 7/11 stores or dollar trees that are in an indoor mall? Anywhere near the garden state parkway along the shore, from tip down till after Tom's River
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics