Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Stick/Immersion Blender Issue

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 6:34 am
I have a Bosch stick/immersion blender that I used to find really useful. Now I'm afraid I might have broken it. Sad Last week I was using it to mash roasted potatoes. But it seems that wasn't such a good plan. Some of the potatoes were still a bit hard, so the blender kept getting stuck. But I cleaned it out each time (without the plug in, of course) and it worked relatively well. Then erev Shabbos I was using it to make mayonnaise, which I've done many times, and it didn't seem to be spinning fast enough, so it did nothing. The part with the blade detaches from the motor, so I took it off, and the motor does seem to work fine. So I thought the blade just loosened too much from the stick that goes into the motor, but can't seem to figure out how to fix that. I tried hammering the end piece down a bit, but that didn't work. I looked it up and it looks like the blade is supposed to be not completely stuck to that spinner stick, so it goes a bit slower in liquid than air. So how do I know if the think is going too slow or not? Anyone experience this and manage to fix it, or at least know how theoretically?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 7:28 am
Can you take it back to the store, and have them look at it? Depending on the shop, they might give you a replacement, or credit towards a new one.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 8:56 am
Google "how to fix stick blender" and you should be able to find useful information and how to videos. We've saved a lot of money using google to fix stuff in our house.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 8:59 am
glutenless wrote:
Google "how to fix stick blender" and you should be able to find useful information and how to videos. We've saved a lot of money using google to fix stuff in our house.

I knew a woman who learned how to do all of her own car repairs, just by watching YouTube videos!

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:00 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I knew a woman who learned how to do all of her own car repairs, just by watching YouTube videos!

I'm not that brave!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen