Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady supplies

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:24 pm
For those of you who have cleaning ladies or those who clean on their own do u use Papertowels to clean with or shmattes? Ive been getting disgusted lately cuz I noticed my cleaning lady has been reusing shmattes every week instead of putting it in the laundry room to wash and its hard to communicate with her so wondering if some ppl just use papertowels maybe more sanitary..?
Also what are other supplies one would need in order to clean?

cm

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:36 pm
I use cloth towels to reduce waste. It shouldn't be too difficult to pantomime where to put the used towels.

I was brought up using paper towels. There are pros and cons each way. You definitely go through more paper towels for the same amount of cleaning, and they produce a lot of garbage.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:40 pm
can you take the dirty towels to the laundry room after she leaves? If not - can you google translate and leave her a note?

SingALong

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 9:49 pm
I use paper towels and rags, both, depends for which task. When my housekeeper first started with me I showed her that the rags go into the washing machine at the end of each day.

Other cleaning supplies I have:
Cloroxwipes
Toilet brush, I keep one in each bathroom
Feather duster
Windex
Mr clean
Murphy oil
Clorox toilet cleaner
Bleach
Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner spray
Broom
Mop
Bucket

Laundry detergent

enter

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 5:44 am
I only use paper towels and dislike to use rags, although I do see the benefit on occasion. I agree, it does use a lot of paper towels and does produce a nice amount of garbage. Personally, I much prefer it. I find paper towels leaves the place cleaner (rags can sometimes drop fluff/hair, etc) and the way I see it, about the time you will throw out the paper towel because it's dirty, you will still continue to use the now-dirty rag. This is just my preference!

There's multiple toilet cleaners out there, I like bleach the best. I use it for the bathtub and sink too. I like the Israeli 409 or blue-bottle sano cleaner for windows, tables and general cleaning. It isn't strong and works well. I also use regular washing up liquid with warm water to clean the stove, tables and counter tops, I prefer to use chemical based supplies as little as possible.

There are bleach-based options for kitchen counters and sinks, that I like to use when there's no food around. Additionally, there's good bleach-based options of sprays for cleaning the bathroom sink/toilet/tub.

Floor cleaner should also be a staple in a household (IMO). You can open the lid of the bottles in the store to pick a flavour you like.

Fresh sponges are important - I change mine weekly. If you have leather couches, there's leather cleaner you can buy. Disposable gloves are important. Towels, to dry the wet floor.

Regarding any bleach/bleach-based product - I would strongly advise to wash away with plenty water. It's strong and water dilutes it.

If you're in Israel and want the names of any of these sprays or floor cleaners, ask and I'll see what I can find out.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:43 am
I only use micro-fiber cloths; no rags or paper towels. My cleaning lady washes them. I'd suggest showing yours each week to put them in the wash.

For a lot of other cleaning, I use a homemade mix of half alcohol, half water with a few drips of Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. This is good for glass, stainless steel, all kinds of counters; pretty much anything except for wood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry