Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach in Virginia Beach

pilkins

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 10:50 pm
After searching for a non Florida alternative I decided to put together a Pesach program in beautiful Virginia beach. If you are interested or know someone who may please email me for more information.

Sugar plum

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 6:41 am
Sounds really interesting. Can you please post some info here?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 7:07 am
Definitely sounds interesting. Please give more details about cost, crowd, program etc.

pilkins

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:59 pm
This program came about because I was looking for an alternative to going to Florida for Pesach and couldn't find one so I decided to make one.

A little bit about the location. Virginia Beach is 4 blocks wide and about 5 miles long with ocean on one side and a bay on the other. We have houses available oceanfront, semi ocean front and a 2 minute work from the ocean on the bay all near where we are going to be making a minyan.

Regarding the housing the houses are beautiful and we will cover all of the counters and sinks and kasher the oven. We don't supply food.

There is a mikvah about 20 miles away in Tidewater and a supermarket that carries a decent size Kosher section but I would definitely recommend bringing your own food. Glatt Kosher meat and chicken are available as well as a selection of deli meats, packaged salads, Chalav Yisrael cheese and frozen goods. I don't know what they will have for Pesach.

There is a Kumzitz motzei shabbos and an Ashkensai minyan all week and we are trying to put a minyan together the shabbos before pesach as well for anyone who wants to come down early. The minyan will be a yeshivish minyan that will be on time.

The pricing starts at $4,500 for a 4 bedroom 3 bath.

If you are interested email me at pesachinvirginia@gmail.com

Thanks

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:32 pm
I know this is an old post- but was wondering if this is happening this year?

pilkins

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:48 pm
There have been people going down there every year since I started it. There isn't a program but people rent house along the beach in Sandbridge virginia. There is only one area. There is bound to be a minyan with the amount of people of that go
Hatzlocha.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Mar 30 2021, 7:28 am
Can you post where there’s a minyan?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics