Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Confession
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 3:49 pm
I am so sorry you had such a traumatic experience! It sounds to me like you are doing everything right. You are facing your fears and working through them with a therapist. You are making sure that your kids get an education, and I am sure that they are getting lots of extra love from mama all day long. Give yourself some credit!

Homeschooling and dealing with toddlers at the same time can be truly exhausting and maddening, I'm sure. BBC online has some excellent children's shows that are very educational. I let DD watch when she was little, and she still has fond memories of it. Very clean, nothing rowdy, obnoxious, or chutzpadik. I find some American children's shows to be too "action oriented" with not enough thinking involved. CBC Canada online has really good children's shows, too. I especially liked Nana Lan (sp?), it's a very gentle and nurturing show.

For the 6yo, check out Steve Spangler Science. You can order science projects online, and there are lots of videos and tutorials of safe science projects you can make with household items, all for free. Each experiment has a hypothesis, reaction, and conclusion, explained in age appropriate language. Highly recommended! Definitely buy the jelly marbles. DD adored them, they don't mess up the house, and they last forever. He'll also love this show http://pbskids.org/fetch/

Over time, your trauma will heal. Winter will give way to spring, and you can do lots of nature walks and look at the beautiful flowers. Give your 6yo a camera, and get ready to be amazed at all the wonderful things there are to discover!

I kept DD home until Kindergarten, as a single mom. I feel your pain, but there's a lot of joy to experience, too. Hug

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 3:51 pm
One more survival tip. Contain all messy projects on a large cookie sheet, at the kitchen table. That will make cleanup easier, and keep the little ones from trying to eat small pieces of things. Wink

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 4:25 pm
I had a 60'ish woman watch my kids and one time when I was outside the door, I heard her threaten my child, ''I'm going to call the police if you don't stop crying!''

I went back inside, dismissed her, and was traumatized to some degree.

I only wanted a high school girl after that incident. It was very very hard to find one. But, for the right price, many things become possible.... So I finally found a high school girl who came over evenings for two to three hours. I would place a recorder in the house and listen when I got back. After a few times doing this, I felt comfortable with her. She was not harsh with my kids.

I was a SAHM and I found that I had to make it a priority to go out every single bingle dingle day, come rain or high water.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics