Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Why did Schumer cry for the banned muslims
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 8:01 pm
But couldn't shed a tear for the Israelis who were put in danger by the Iran deal?

newmom1987

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:02 pm
Because his grandparents were refugees and some people are capable of empathy outside of narrow tribalism.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:10 pm
Someone should send him this article, maybe that will stop him from shedding fake, misguided but obviously political tears-- http://www.dailywire.com/news/.....apiro

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:13 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Someone should send him this article, maybe that will stop him from shedding fake, misguided but obviously political tears-- http://www.dailywire.com/news/.....apiro

I didn't read the article, but from your comment it seems that you don't think the plight of the refugees is anything to feel sadness over. Am I reading that correctly?

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:25 pm
Maya wrote:
I didn't read the article, but from your comment it seems that you don't think the plight of the refugees is anything to feel sadness over. Am I reading that correctly?

Schumer is a New York politician. He is obligated to support, defend, and protect his constituents who are law abiding American citizens. Where is his sadness when New Yorkers are evicted from their homes and end up homeless? Where is his sadness when New Yorkers get rejected from CUNY schools in favor of foreign or illegal students? Where is his sadness when kids join gangs and kill each other over it? Where is his sadness when New Yorkers are forced to take out loans to pay for college because they couldnt get financial aid for whatever reason? Where is his sadness when New Yorkers need lawyers to help them but the money goes to lawyers who aid and abet illegal aliens? I can ask where his sadness is for a million other things and reasons that a New York politician can be sad over when it comes to New York citizens, but for him to cry over foreigners is just pathetic. It shows that he is not loyal to the very people that voted him into office so its time to replace him with someone who cares about New York citizens and puts their needs before strangers from hutzenplotz.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:26 pm
You didn't answer my question in your rant.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:28 pm
Maya wrote:
You didn't answer my question in your rant.

I'll call Schumer and see if he can get you a tutor to help you understand my answer to your question. Hang on..

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:30 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I'll call Schumer and see if he can get you a tutor to help you understand my answer to your question. Hang on..

I specifically asked you, do you think we should or should not be feeling some compassion for the refugees? I don't see an answer to that anywhere in that entire paragraph, which is an incoherent rant about all your perceived problems about New York. Where in that is the answer to my question?

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:36 pm
Maya wrote:
I specifically asked you, do you think we should or should not be feeling some compassion for the refugees? I don't see an answer to that anywhere in that entire paragraph, which is an incoherent rant about all your perceived problems about New York. Where in that is the answer to my question?

This thread is not about me, it is about Schumer. Read the article and start speaking to New York citizens about what they are going through to have a better understanding of my answers.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:39 pm
wondergirl wrote:
This thread is not about me, it is about Schumer. Read the article and start speaking to New York citizens about what they are going through to have a better understanding of my answers.

This thread, as all threads, is about whatever we want it to be. I asked you a question, and you are refusing to answer it, which confirms my suspicion that you don't give a darn about the refugees. That makes you a heartless *****.

I happen to be a New York resident myself, and I have a pretty good understanding of what they are "going through." But I'm not horrid enough to compare their problems to those of the refugees.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:47 pm
Maya wrote:
This thread, as all threads, is about whatever we want it to be. I asked you a question, and you are refusing to answer it, which confirms my suspicion that you don't give a darn about the refugees. That makes you a heartless *****.

Thank you for reading my mind and calling me names.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:48 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Thank you for reading my mind and calling me names.

This is an even playing field.

dimyona

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 9:55 pm
Just want to clarify to OP that Schumer quite vocally opposed the Iran deal, crossing party lines to do so.

(Regardless of whatever the point of this post was.)

Last edited by dimyona on Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

pizza4

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:02 pm
One's bitterness need not drive a person to insult a fellow Jew.
To the op, hypocrisy is everywhere, unfortunately.
The ban does need to be adjusted though imo.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:23 pm
Maya wrote:
I happen to be a New York resident myself, and I have a pretty good understanding of what they are "going through." But I'm not horrid enough to compare their problems to those of the refugees.

Why don't you spend some time in housing court and talk to New York citizens there. Ask them if they were able to get a pro bono lawyer to help them fight their eviction case.

For that matter, try spending some time in family court and see how many New York citizens were able to get pro bono lawyers to help them with their cases.

Talk to New York citizens who got rejected from cuny college and graduate schools, see if they were not as qualified as the foreign and illegal students who were accepted over these New Yorkers.

Talk to New York citizens who can't afford to pay for college or graduate schools for whatever reasons.

Try talking to New York citizens who are afraid to walk in their own neighborhoods at night because they can get killed by their own kids who are in gangs.

Try spending some time in homeless shelters, see how many New York citizens call those places "home".

Those are just a few ways you can learn more about New York citizens and their struggles to survive. When you are done talking to all of them then come back here and tell us again about everyone else in the world who want to take advantage of what America seems to have to offer to everyone except their own citizens.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:29 pm
Really, equating some student loan and pro bono lawyer issues to the problems faced by the refugees? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:37 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Why don't you spend some time in housing court and talk to New York citizens there. Ask them if they were able to get a pro bono lawyer to help them fight their eviction case.

For that matter, try spending some time in family court and see how many New York citizens were able to get pro bono lawyers to help them with their cases.

Talk to New York citizens who got rejected from cuny college and graduate schools, see if they were not as qualified as the foreign and illegal students who were accepted over these New Yorkers.

Talk to New York citizens who can't afford to pay for college or graduate schools for whatever reasons.

Try talking to New York citizens who are afraid to walk in their own neighborhoods at night because they can get killed by their own kids who are in gangs.

Try spending some time in homeless shelters, see how many New York citizens call those places "home".

Those are just a few ways you can learn more about New York citizens and their struggles to survive. When you are done talking to all of them then come back here and tell us again about everyone else in the world who want to take advantage of what America seems to have to offer to everyone except their own citizens.

The irony is that the same compassion that leads liberals to want to help the people on your list (you know, with programs like food stamps and affordable housing...) also leads them to extend a hand and heart to strangers.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:38 pm
Maya wrote:
Really, equating some student loan and pro bono lawyer issues to the problems faced by the refugees? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

You mean the problems of fully funded Ph.D students, (funded by your tax dollars of course) who cannot come into this country temporarily because they are stuck in their own country that they had enough money to buy a ticket to? And that American lawyers are now using money for to help them when they could have used this same money to help American citizens? Right. If you want to help refugees then don't cry about over-educated foreign students who get a full ride in America schools that even American citizens don't get. Find some real stories and make sure that they are really not allowed to come into this country if you really want anyone to have real sympathy for you.

Oh and read the EO that Trump signed and you will see that there are exceptions to the rule so real refugees are still able to come to America even with this temporary ban in place.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:39 pm
Because it is a good photo-op.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 10:42 pm
wondergirl wrote:
You mean the problems of fully funded Ph.D students, (funded by your tax dollars of course) who cannot come into this country temporarily because they are stuck in their own country that they had enough money to buy a ticket to? And that American lawyers are now using money for to help them when they could have used this same money to help American citizens? Right. If you want to help refugees then don't cry about over-educated foreign students who get a full ride in America schools that even American citizens don't get. Find some real stories and make sure that they are really not allowed to come into this country if you really want anyone to have real sympathy for you.

Oh and read the EO that Trump signed and you will see that there are exceptions to the rule so real refugees are still able to come to America even with this temporary ban in place.

Notice that I didn't offer any opinions regarding the ban or the EO. All I'm trying to understand is your level of compassion for the refugees, and it seems that is nonexistent. Furthermore, your ridiculous comparisons of their real problems to some first world issues that some New Yorkers face shows me how you're so up in your head with blind trust for Trump that it's useless to even discuss this with you.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics